A Flu and Virus

Fluff and taking care.

Taking one slow breath in, Mettaton followed his sigh with a deep groan of pain. Laying back on his bed, he shuddered as he struggled to reach for the medicine resting on the small table beside his bed. Taking one, then the other, Mettaton clenched his throat feeling the scratchiness of it as the medicine went in, and visibly looked so annoyed but also defeated. Glancing over to his TV, he decided to binge watch something in order to pass the time and wait it out. He was about to select his favorite romance series, when his phone rang. Quickly he dropped his remote and extended his arm to twice the length in order to pluck his phone up from across the room and on his dresser. Unfortunately, some of his own make-up was given a one way trip to the floor, making the store grow in anger now. Suddenly letting out a harsh cough and felt his head throb with pain. "Ow... burning.." He muttered, clutching his head which only seemed to heat it up more. Glancing over to his own AC unit, he went to answer as his ringtone went off again, while pressing a set of buttons until fresh cold air started to enter. Grinning when he felt the heat leave slightly, Mettaton laid back against the headboard of his bed and brought his phone close. "Hello?"

"Hey, Met." Hearing your voice, his soul fluttered as a faint blush appeared on his face. "Darling! Checking in?" He tried his best flirty voice, but it sounded more like a whale with a stomach ache, followed by a harsh cough. "Yes, and you sound awful." Mettaton would have faked offense, but could only muster a feeble 'yes' as he felt nausea hit him. Listening in, you felt guilty hitting you as you worried for your friend's health. Which explains why you were just a few feet from his front door, a bag full of all the medical and mechanical gear you would need as Alphys had recommended. Knocking sharply, Mettaton listened but didn't get up from his bed. Rather, as his headache slowly went away, he gave the mission to one of his countless mini-bots who flew at full speed and towards his front door. Moments later and stepping inside, you followed the small machine as it led you right to its master. Mettaton, laying back in a more inclined position, greeted you with a shaky smile. But despite his best efforts, he looked awful. His hair was beyond a mess, exposing more of the right side of his own face.

His cough was harsh, causing his voice to glitch up and his eyes to dilate for a brief moment. "Hello- *Coughing fit strikes* augh..." He fell back on his bed, eyes looking downcasted and drowned in a river of sorrow as his internal fans struggled to keep his body cool. Without another word, you instantly set to work. Placing the bag down carefully on the nearby loveseat, you instantly rolled up your sleeves and placed a bandanna on. Soon enough and you found yourself moving throughout the horse, tidying things up with clothes across your mouth for protection from the dust, and the bandanna for sweat. It was a wise choice, as you found yourself moving from one corner of the house to the next wiping down everything and anything covered in even a little bit of dust. Floors were seeped up, and chairs placed comfortably back to where they once were. It was tedious work at times, but you managed it until lunch came around. As Mettaton was busy resting in his bed, you went to work once again. It was a long while, just the start of the afternoon, when you finished and wandered back to Mettaton's room.

The star, now lying comfortably in bed with a bowl of soap resting in his lap, had already been underway in eating when he heard you walk in. Seeing you, he smiled and gave a small wave. You returned with a shaky thumbs up, before finding a seat on the love seat. A pattern similar to this followed, from a day turning to a week. It was hard to upkeep a celebrity's home, but you kept it up. As time went, and as you helped Metta along to recovery, you worked hard day in and day out. At times, working directly on Mettaton's body and helping him cool off. Or, you were busy keeping his palms warm, or leaving him to charge at night with little to no sound aside from relaxing music. Next morning, and you were off to Alphys lab giving her a 'status' report. Some days, you also brought along Mew Mew, Shyren, Mad Dummy, and Napstablook to spend time with Metta. Various board games, movies, and TV series went on through the night which left everyone fast asleep on the floor or couch. Mettaton himself, more often than not, was nuzzled close to you, or at least as close as he was allowed with even a face mask on. But slowly, his voice returned to its smooth and deep form as it was before. His body returned to mostly being cool, while his sneezes all but disappeared.

Right now, you were busy helping deal with Metta's fire walls, which currently were weakened and needed to be updated. This, you were quick to do on his behalf, which left you staying up until 3 am and at work on a pc screen with a couple tabs open, and windows up. By the time morning came, the work was done and Mettaton left a nice mug of (Coffee/Tea) waiting next to you as he went to care for his own home again, and made a few calls. Another week came and went, and soon it seemed things were back as they were at the Blook residence. As you finished taking one nice long (Bath/Shower) and towel wrapped around you, you could hear music filtering into the hallway from within the Studio room. Unable to help yourself, you approached and placed one ear to listen in and could hear Mettaton drumming it up and using a violin. Peeking inside, you stifled a giggle as you watched Mettaton lead an orchestra, a mini one, made up of his mini-bots as they played several instruments together as they followed Mettaton's lead. Three held a violin, a group the cello, others the drums, and so on. It was adorable to watch this mini-orchestra perform as Mettaton, now decked out in a simple tux and bow tie, led them skillfully. Finally reaching the end of the lengthy rehearsal, Mettaton gave one last dramatic wave of the hand and the song reached its end, before clapping replaced the silence that came right after.

Looking over, Mettaton saw you as you dropped small droplets on the floor. You applauded again, giving a silly 'on chor' three times, Mettaton bowing which his mini-mes repeated in cute fashion. Moments later and fully dressed, you packed your things along with the tools and laptop Alphys handed over to you, and stored them safely away in the car. Stopping to look over the living room, you have it one last time thinking of all the time you spent. It was fun, really. And already you felt like staying, but with everything done and Mettaton feeling well, what reason? As you were about to step out, a voice rang out behind you followed by fast taping of shoes. Turning to face Mettaton, he gave you a nervous smile and shrug, a rare sight indeed from the celebrity bot. He then casually took one lengthy deep breath, before offering you a piece of paper as he turned away from you. Glancing down at his extended hand, you stopped for a moment and then took it up. Opening the letter, yu saw the following written in beautiful hand writing;

"Thank you again,

(Name),

You were kind to help me, and

I have honestly found myself

Smitten with you.

Will you do me the honors and

Continue to be the spark in my

Life?

Would you go out with me?"

It was surprising, but after everything, especially recently, you looked up at your friend as he twiddled his thumbs and waited for a response. Finally smiling, you nodded. "Yes. I will." Mettaton's soul felt as if it was made of sparks, which caused his whole body and frame to jolt to life as he gave a rather unflatter 'YES!!!' followed by a fist pump. He quickly got back to his typical demeanor after hearing you holding back a laugh, and shrugged. "Well... until then, dear. I'll call you when it is best for me, okay~?"

"Definitely."

(Hope you enjoy this work. It actually was inspirited by my current predicament right now in fact, that being a fever at the time of writing this piece. I hope you enjoy, and vote if you wish to.

Thanks for Reading.)