Vacation Time

Hope you enjoy!

"Darling! Where is my bathing suit!?" You rolled your eyes as you continued placing clothes into your suitcase, not wanting to stop as you were almost done now. But not wanting to hear his royal 'pain in your arse,' you called out; "It's in the laundry room! Cleaned and ready-" You huffed out, annoyed. You soon brought your suitcases out and placed either on your couch. "Alright, I'm all packed! Are you done Met-" You heard a heavy thud, followed by what sounded like heavy boxes hit the floor. You tried hard not to face palm, instead just walking over to where your husband decided to pack his bags, which was the room he used as his personal studio. Once there, you stepped inside but quickly stopped as you saw Mettaton laying on his back, in his box form. He was almost buried in several boxes, bags and suitcases. Several articles of clothing were strewn over the floor around him. Feeling your blood boil, you stomped over and glared down at him as you saw his screen turn red, then go dark. "Metta!"

A while later, and soon you two were off to meet up with the others for the vacation. As you focused ahead along the highway, Mettaton continued to sing whatever was on the radio. You paid him no attention, but that was becoming more difficult as his drama queen was soon gesturing for you to sing with him. You rolled your eyes and only began humming instead, which did disappoint but soon Mettaton shrugged and continued. You wondered if he was less mature as a child though, snickering to yourself at how much of a handful he could be. Thankfully the drive came to an end as you pulled into a parking lot before the gas station. There, you two noticed the others who were waiting for you two to arrive.

One van, a jeep and a truck stood parked together. In front of them, Toriel and Asgore watched over everyone while taking inventory of what they had. Frisk, Chara, Asriel and Monsterkid were busy running around in a close game of tag. Elsewhere sitting on the curve was Undyne and Alphys, Mad Dummy with the duo, as they chatted idly by. Also close by, Napstablook and Shyren laid just under the shade, side by side as they listened to music playing on a MP3 player. Burgerpants was smoking close by, just beside a tree with his typical cigar in hand while waiting. Sans and Papyrus weren't there however. Pulling up, you two hopped out only to be greeted by Frisk, who ran up and embraced your legs. "Heh, hey Frisk!" You picked up the small child, then quickly wrapped their arms around your neck and hugged you while Chara, Asriel and Monsterkid soon followed and hugged your legs. Well, MK needed Asriel to help by embracing him, but it was the thought that counted.

Wondering over with the kids and Metta in tow, you greeted Toriel with a hug and did the same for Asgore. The two happily returned the gesture while everyone else waved to you. "Sooo, where's Sans and Papyrus?" Toriel sighed, before shrugging. "We do not know. Sans had called me earlier, telling me they would be here by now. Yet nothing. I worry something has happened." "Knowing Sans. He probably took a shortcut." Toriel shook her head. "I swear, his 'shortcuts' are more of a problem than an answer." Before you could continue; what sounded like a race car came roaring down the highway and soon appeared a bright red, open top car with Papyrus at the wheel. Pulling into the parking lot, Papyrus easily caught the attention of several humans alike, stunned at Papyrus's car which shined under the sun. Parking beside Undyne's jeep, Papyrus soon was out and standing proud. Dressed in his scarf, alongside a modified version of his 'armor' which showed more of his bones to allow for cooling. A pair of shads blocked his eyesight while his boots were replaced with sandals. Papyrus smiled and waved as he walked over. "HELLO EVERYONE!!! IS EVERYONE READY???" Toriel smiled and greeted the tall skele-bro. "Yes, Papyrus. But where is-" "right 'ere" And there was Sans, on his bike as it pulled in.

Papyrus face palmed before shrugging; "I had insisted Sans take a ride in my car! Instead he chose his bike and was left in the dust! I lack a CLUE as to how he kept up with us!" He spoke before taking a seat on the hood of his car. With everyone present, you all talked while Toriel and Asgore discussed what everyone would do on the final leg of the journey. Finally, Toriel cleared her throat and everyone stood at attention. "Alright everyone! We are almost there, now please all of you check one last time if you have everything and then we will leave!" Giving a quick nod, everyone went to their cars and reached into suitcases, bags, etc. Soon enough though, off you all went. Along the way, Undyne decided to challenge Papyrus to a brief race along the highway, leading the duo to speed ahead. You were worried for them, and for poor Alphys who was with Undyne.