The Last Phantom 2

Alternate Universe "Halloween"

The following morning, after talking with the police chief one last time, you soon arrived at the theater itself. Seeing as it was in an area no longer used, you saw it was in a sad state. The logo that was once above the entrance had long since fallen away and left a faint image of the letters that were once there. The doors in front were chained together by rusted chains, with the glass that was once a part of them having fallen away. Paint had begun falling out so small patches of the wood and under material beneath had begun to appear while the plants that once grew normally just outside had now begun growing all over and even inside the windows. Looking the place over for a moment you then pulled up the photo of what the place looked like before. It was an old photo too, one that showed the owner who stood just in front of his building with a grin on his face. He seemed like a nice man honestly... Putting the photo away you made your way towards the old building and soon shoved the old doors apart and stepped inside. The inside looked like it had been abandoned for years, with light coming in from holes in the ceiling, posters of film's peeling from the walls alongside paint and wallpaper, the carpet that covered the floor was mostly peeled away or missing, leaves, grass and other plant life now completely buried the receptions desk completely. A fountain in the middle of the room appeared to be standing though, though the water that it once released had long since gone dried. Walking up to the desk, you looked around until you found a couple old papers. Looking them over carefully, the text was blurry and smudged in several places making it near impossible to read. Deciding to take it for evidence, you carefully placed them in a plastic bag which you then placed in a duffle bag with the rest of your tools. Looking over the desk against, you soon found what seemed to be a old computer that was once used, though now its glasses was shattered and the insides were hollowed out completely.

Taking a breath second to get it out, you finally checked over the establishment's old floor plans and read over them to understand where you had to go. Soon you were on your way again through the old and rusted 'employee's only door' just behind the reception's desk and found your way to several back rooms. Some for storage, others for actors, and two rest rooms. A small kitchen and dining area was in another. Passing several doors, you eventually found yourself in front of one with a star still attached to it. The star was scratched and dented, and was just hanging upside down from the glass of the door. The name was still there, though scratched up. Slowly wandering forward, you paused as you felt just how stuck the door was so spent a moment until finally managing to shove it open and stepped inside. The room was surprisingly in good condition, even after the few years since it had been last used. There was a bed, small kitchen area, a desk and table, and what appeared to be another desk but with a mirror attached. The room seemed clean too, though dust was still clear in your sight, the rest of the room looked untouched, even by plant life. Taking the moment, you admired just how nice all the furniture and equipment was and just what was inside and locked away. Several stands and mic's, instruments and costumes were saved and still looked like they could be played. As for the bed, it was actually quite soft and seemed to only have dust but nothing else wrong. Taking a moment, you touched the soft fabric and gently began dusting it. With it 'cleaned' now, you began looking around once more, but this time for any clues on the man who once lived there. Time slowly ticked by, as you searched for old documents, traces of finger touches and other physical evidence, and just reviewed what was known. As you did so, you didn't see the door to the room open slightly and a light cool breeze came in. Though you felt it, you barely even shivered, and simply thought it was a draft coming in from an opening. A while later you finally left with the files and bag in hand, and wandered around once again to try and find anything else. But soon you began leaving the building, with the notes and information you gathered, alongside what you could find on hand and planned to return back to the police station when you paused once you heard something. Silence followed however, after you came to a halt, as you stood in the front lobby and glanced around. You felt slightly nervous, being alone in this old establishment, so reached a hand towards your weapon, ready to use it just in case. A moment later you listened in and began to slowly realize what sounded like singing. It was faint but just loud enough so you could tell it was a male, and a great singer at that. A moment later, you entered the main theater room, a massive room that looked like an opera house and movie theater. Seeing it, it was honestly impressive to look at. It was grand in appearance, with white and gold, with hints of red such as for the curtains and carpet being the prime colors used throughout.

Wandering inside the room, you passed several rows of seats and soon found yourself right before the stage. A set of stairs led directly up to one side which you wandered ahead and soon climbed up. Pausing for a moment, you noticed the singing had stopped and you felt some slight fear set in but you also felt somewhat safe as you had your weapon in hand. Slowly walking forward across the stage, you continued to look around but nothing was in sight or in view. Assuming that you simply thought you heard something and nothing else, you sighed and shrugged it off before taking a seat to rest your legs on the chair for the piano which rested on the stage. A moment later, you began looking over the case file referring to the owner once again. His name was Mettaton, a male of around 30 years or so in age and the sole star and boss of the theater. He had purchased this building and managed to make it a huge success, however following his disappearance and later assumed death, it was closed down. Later, rumors claimed the establishment was haunted by the former star himself. Sighing briefly, you looked over another set of papers about the case itself and learned he was originally living with his own cousin, and identified as non-binary before male became his gender of comfort. The files continued on for a while but eventually you finally stopped and placed them away before sighing through your nose. A short while later, you began to leave once more and this time, nothing interrupted you as you left the building. Outside, it was already beginning to turn dark, with the sun starting to disappear from sight, so you called for your driver and were on your way back. As you left, a figure watched silently from a window on the second floor of the theater. The figure watched silently before vanishing completely from sight.

He would be waiting for your return.

(To be continued)