Scenario: Bodily Fears

(Special thank you to: AnimeMenCanRuinMe, for your ideas including this one. Its greatly appreciated.)

What Mettaton does to help you with your condition?

It was unnoticed at the very beginning, something that Mettaton simply chalked up to someone wanting to look their best. Something that he could relate to, as being an idol that many looked to for entertainment or inspiration, to look his best came only natural to properly represent that. But soon that feeling quickly changed once he started catching on slowly to your behavior. First was what you usually did almost daily. Working out. Now that itself wasn't much an issue, heck even he did yoga (don't ask). But with you, it was often and regularly. Not just spending a part of the day devoted to it, but spending much of your free time doing that. If I didn't work out, I would rarely eat. Not even a mere snack, which was something to expect from someone wanting to stay in shape. But you often refused the simple meals he offered, instead insisting you already ate or were fine before skipping out on a meal. It was more evident when he noticed you rarely ate much for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. And no desert. Mettaton assumed it was just the way humans did things, at least those who worked out but this was becoming too much. This reluctance to eat was also often when out with the star. When he takes you out for dates, you often choose to eat light. Small portions. Maybe that was your preference, but still. You didn't even try to at least have one day to 'let loose' and simply enjoy the food. This whole period of noticing and being worried would last just over a week at most.

Then what followed was the clothing. Before he just assumed you were chilly or cold, or that you simply felt a little self conscious about your appearance. Again, not something too out of the norm for the star himself. But now it was getting a bit much. Sweaters when it was so warm out? Thick jackets or coats? Heck, it appeared as if you were burying yourself in several layers of clothing. Then came the insomnia. Staying up, he often found you staring into the mirror, or holding one in your hand, either late at night or early in the morning before setting off to train again. Your mood was becoming bland, and not that you didn't care, but you seemingly lacked any emotion. Only time you did was when you became upset or more easily triggered. Not often but it was happening more and more. Then came the times you stayed inside, not bothering to step out unless he pressed you too. Only when someone's party or an important celebration did you leave your home, but that was only ensured when Mettaton pushed you. If he didn't, you could just stay indoors. When he'd come back home from a long day at work, he found you again looking at your reflection, working out, skipping meals and just generally 'hiding' from the rest of the world. Not even your friends, Frisk, Sans or Papyrus, Undyne or Alphys, could convince you to come out often.

But what really caused Mettaton's fear and worry to snap out of control, came when he noticed your overall appearance. When you weren't trying to put on multiple layers to cover your form, your body began to change. Your (skin, feathers or scales) began morphing, going from their original (color-shade) to a light hue of yellow, or becoming dry. You became more and more skinny, more frail. You soon grew too tired to work out as often, but even with that you tried. You looked so... dead. Once your hair began to grow thin, and your body just gave out on you as you were leaving the room, he went into full panic briefly before immediately picking you up and calling a doctor. You desperately tried to fight this, trying so hard to resist and insist you were fine or that you had to lose weight, only for Mettaton to lose his patience with you. Before he had tried approaching the subject, first subtle before switching to being more direct but sweet, then comforting before it became a shouting match. Now he was at his end, as he said; "You HAVE no more weight to lose!" You tried to deny this, but he was having none of it as tears brimmed in his eyes. "I can't, dear, you must get help! You might-" And he instantly choked before bursting into tears, leaving you stunned before looking at yourself in the mirror. Your mind told you to see the fat, but your heart said see yourself. It wasn't until later that you two were picked up by an ambulance as Mettaton couldn't drive in such a worried state. He was overwhelmed.

Thankfully, you two were whisked away and soon found yourself in the hospital. During the trip, Mettaton held you close as he continued to cry. He began repeating over and over how sorry he was he never noticed sooner. How he never tried harder to stop and save you. How it may have been his fault for this. You tried to tell him otherwise, but your body wouldn't let you. It was becoming obvious your body was on its last legs. Your breathing is shallow and your limbs weak. Once at the hospital, Mettaton made sure to request that the Doctors and Nurses alike cover your body from view. He didn't want anyone to judge you when you were like this. He made sure to call everyone as he needed help. It was now or never. During this, your body finally passed out and you quickly were brought into the emergency room. It was freezing. You felt so cold, so hurt. You wanted to reach for something, anything, to ease the pain or cold. But you couldn't. Your stomach was on fire, your eyes were weights that you couldn't lift. After a few moments however, you slowly felt some warmth return. The pain slowly grew weak. Your dizziness grew less and less. Eventually, you felt your body begin to settle and calm until finally you were able to peek. The lights were out thankfully, though you couldn't move without seriously feeling sick once again. Instead, taking it slow, you looked to one side and found a bag filled with fluid, which was currently attached to a tube that was pumping the stuff into your arm. To your other, and there was Mettaton. He was sitting beside your bed, off and resting with his charger visible. Careful not to overwhelm your body, you were soon sat up before gently patting his shoulder enough. Noticing him not getting up, you sighed before feeling your dizziness return, along with a need to vomit. Growing softly, it seemed the universe took pity as someone awoke and that someone was, of course, the only one in the same room as you. "Darling-" Mettaton would stop upon noticing your face, and without another word, he retrieved a trash can before bringing it over to you to use. A few moments of groans and stomach grumbles, and a disgusting taste in your mouth and burning throat, you were given some water to help rinse off before Mettaton carefully picked you up and took you to the bathroom.

Deep down, your worries began returning as you were afraid to see what you looked like. No doubt, you wouldn't look alive but just an empty body, hardly attached to life as it was. It only was confirmed when you saw yourself, your colors were down casted, a light hue of yellow was evident on your face. You had bags under your eyes, your body looked so frail. Your (Hair/Feathers/Etc) looked so pale and/or appearing to just be clinging on. You looked on sadly as you felt sadness and sorrow take over. The sight was awful, and you wondered what you could do now after such horrific transformation. Now no one would accept you, not even Mettaton, you reason. Seemingly catching wind of your thoughts, you felt him embrace you from behind, careful not to put any weight on you but instead cradle you. "It's okay hun. I'll help you. We all will. You will shine again." Hearing that allowed you to feel some sense of relief and hope for the future, later leading to a week spent at the hospital receiving much needed care and attention first to stabilize your body and improve its condition followed by handling your anorexia. Gradually, a few tests and exams were taken, with doctors and staff assigned checking your recovery. A hired Psychologist was also brought in to help you and deconstruct your mindset and ask you as to why. During this time, you thankfully found your body had managed to hold up for the most part, but was still weak and vulnerable so would need some time to heal.

Gradually, by the following week or so, your health was seeing a rise up for the better. Your body was feeling strength once again, your strength returned, your fears also became less and less evident and more under your control or the back of your mind. A healthy diet and goal was set in order to help meet your goal. Help was brought in by your family and friends alike, who paid visits to either wish you well or give you some help in case Mettaton couldn't be around. It would be as another week had passed that your body was full of enough strength that allowing you to leave was allowed, though of course with supervision and close monitoring. Still though, being able to finally stretch your legs and enjoy the cool air of the outside world was such a nice change from the stale and intense air of the hospital room. It was a challenge going without working out as you once did, as that voice in the back of your mind tried to push you to start again. But you resisted. It was almost a loss to you the first time, but quickly you let yourself listen to your heart and Mettaton over your fears. In time for your anniversary, your body was finally healed enough and you could now go alone. When you did, you made sure to take the chance to have a snack, much to the approval of Mettaton, though depending on whether or not you wanted the praise; he would either congratulate you or simply give a nod of approval behind your back before leaving to continue his day as normal. He was however, quite grateful to have you back as the person he loved once more.