Into the Abyss

Bendy and the Ink Machine AU

It was a cold awakening for you both, as neither of you couldn't help shivering as the cool wind blew through the now wide open gape in the roof above. Breathing slowly, Mettaton was the first to awaken and found himself back on his feet. Dusting his now torn outfit up, he checked all over but breathed in a huge sigh of relief noticing his body had only suffered bruising. Still, now wanting to take a chance, he began carefully moving each limb, afraid that one could be shattered. Next thing he heard, a faint gasp and moan of pain, caused him to look towards the pile of fallen timber. In the pile, a body was evident in the mass. Clearing the wood away quickly, he felt the panic kick in as he struggled to find you. "Love! Love please be here-" He stopped once he noticed you lying some feet away, right on your side, having rolled and struggled to stand up. Feeling relief comes once again, only to then get right back to fear before running over to your side and help you stand up. "Darling, are you alright?" It took you a few moments, gathering yourself as the pain slowly subsided. Finally, it did enough and allowed you to tap him softly as a way to show you were alive, but almost unconscious. Fearful, Mettaton carefully moved any and all timber around to clear a path, picked you up and walked onwards towards a nearby room. Entering, he maneuvered to avoid hitting your head on the door frame, found himself in an employee's personal room or quarters for when staying overnight at the studio. That meant a bed, left alone in the corner, which still had its cover and pillows. Carefully placing you down, your body formed up perfectly with the cool covers of the blanket. Breathing was slow from you, making your love worry as he searched around for anything to help. It was a long search, seeing him ravage any and all cupboards and shelves. Eventually, you found several items that could help, including some alcohol, rag, old cloth, some string. Tossing the items on the nightstand beside the bed, then rushing into the bathroom to find anything else he could use. It was a lengthy search, one at least going on for half an hour's worth before finally, he ended it by beginning to clean you up and repair and care for any wounds. Some alcohol on open scratches there, some bandages here, it was a tedious process. Especially since he had to try and not wake you up, or injure your already beaten body. It was a long while, arguably longer than the search for the needed tools to patch you up. But it was worth it, as now you were hardly bleeding and in a relatively safe position. As he finished, he gave you one more look over, as he pulled a chair over and found a seat. Time went by, as the clock on the wall ticked by, how much had passed was impossible to tell. Eventually, Mettaton decided to leave and see if he could find a safe way back to the exit, as well as discover what was happening at the studio. Laying alone, you failed to notice the door to your current shelter, being rattled gently. Finally, the door swung open and a figure stood alone in the doorway, their shadow stretching far into the room thanks to the damaged lights behind them, as they stood over you. Finally, the figure approached as Ink dripped off them. Over and over, drip drop, drip drop, drip drop. A small plat as each droplet fell. Finally, a creepy Bendy mask looked you all over, before the figure spoke. "Sheep Sheep Sheep, it's time for sleep. And it is time, my little sheep, for you to have an eternal one." As he was about to start moving you, another figure appeared behind him. "Sammy," and as the now turned, and ex director of the music department, turned to face the angered, ax wielding, voice actor, Mettaton. The two men stare the other down, neither letting their gaze to fall away, as they stood there in silence except for the creak and groan of wood and rumbling of pipes above. Finally, Sammy charged first, as Mettaton swung in response. Sammy, quickly, ducked and dodged as the ax buried itself into the wall after a narrow miss. Taking advantage, Sammy tackled Metta back into the other room. Now on top of him, Sammy began throwing fists in quick succession. But not giving in, after just two heavy blows, Sammy was kicked off and slammed into the wall opposite of himself. Ink splattered all over the wall and floor, as Sammy cried out in pain as he got back to his feet. The two stood, once again stare each other down as they circled one another. Finally, they both went in again. Sammy kicked, punched, and slapped, as Mettaton returned the favor. Soon though, Mettaton had the upper hand, and a wounded Sammy limped away as he clutched his arm and left a trail of Ink behind. Breathing ragged breaths, Mettaton deflated now being alone and fell on his knees just trying to breathe. Moments later he had recovered enough to return to your room, and find his seat again as he watched over you.

(Elsewhere)

Sammy struggled back to the Music department, his arm was not limp and ink was pouring out. He clenched what would be considered his 'teeth,' as he desperately searched for somewhere to heal. Unfortunately, someone else had a different idea. "M-my Lord?" Poor Sammy, as the Ink Demon appeared just behind him, began to scream in fear then later in pain. Soon, a new massive puddle was left behind, while the Ink Demon gave pause and stopped to consider his options. Later, Sammy wandered on and back towards the Music Department. Already, the former Music Director knew what would happen if he failed again.

(Back to you two)

You awoke, exhausted, but otherwise grateful for being alive. It was a pain, in some areas at least, but you two were still around. And you could tell, just by looking at Mettaton as he slept in on the nearby chair, how well he was handling things. After sometime, and off you two were once more. It was a long walk, your legs often having to be dragged or forced to move. But thankfully, you two had found it. After one long hallway, leading to the next, you both had come across the stairs leading to the upper levels. With that, Mettaton led the way towards the stairs, only to find that a flooded hallway separated you two and your stairs of escape. As the duo turned towards one another, you two looked worried but still determined. First began by searching for a way to cross, by walking on something. Next, but finding a way to clear the space with the use of a bucket of sorts. It was a painfully long search, ending with you two nearly giving in to just crossing what seemed to be knee deep ink, till a handle on a pipe, made you pause. Then pulling one lever there, followed by turning a handle here, and soon the ink was being swallowed and disappearing downwards in a spiral like a whirlpool before disappearing completely. Seeing this, you breathed a sigh of relief, while Mettaton clapped with some joy. Turning to one another, you shared one kiss before beginning the trek back up to the first floor. What soon went from mere minutes became an hour, then 2, followed by another and into 3. Eventually, you two couldn't continue, as your lungs were on fire and begging to stop, and each next step was as if setting fire to your body and causing your muscles to cramp up. Without realizing it at first however, you two noticed the sign referencing the second floor next. Grinning at this, you looked to Mettaton who returned the smile. "Almost home, hun." "So close." A break followed, then you two went off again. Unfortunately, fate had another idea. As you two were stepping into the first set of the artist department spaces, several squashes could be heard as mysterious Ink creatures, ones that were the twisted forms of the Butcher Gang, appeared. Worse still, they were blocking the sole entrance way to the next floor, and were soon joined by several more patrolling the floor. Hiding behind a rested desk as soon as the first one appeared, you two watched in a mixture of fear, silence, and determination as each and everyone wondered about. It felt like forever, however soon they cleared up enough and allowed you two to get moving again. As it were, however, the walls and floor suddenly began to turn dark. It seemed as if the ink had turned alive in the walls, ceiling and floors, moving along like tentacles, as the monstrous cartoons quickly fled as best they could. You two panicked, searching around for whatever it could be, until you heard a sickly laugh, one that sounded like a human, then a cartoon. Then a loud plop, as if something heavy and wet hit the floor, followed by another and another. It caused you two to run for it, racing up the stairs, as whatever it was followed you two from some feet behind. A large, cartoonish smile, quickly morphed into a twisted grin as sharp fangs replaced the friendly looking and simple teeth. It stopped, before slowly sinking into the floorboards and disappearing.

As you two ran, you didn't stop to read the written ink that lined the wall you raced by, with the simple but equally terrifying phrase... "Into the Abyss, the sheep wonder."

(To be continued 'possibly').