Out for the Ride

Gothic!Mettaton x Highschool Reader

Walking up to the main entrance you continued to feel the stares of many people who were watching you silently and whispering between them, leaving you feeling uneasy as you walked by. Though you started getting used to the stares it didn't make it any less strange or uncomfortable for you. The reason for this you know was due to your current relationship, the one with none other than the school's most famous and well known student; Mettaton. He was well known throughout the whole school, famous for his gothic and also glamorous appearance alongside his popularity among the ladies and men alike in the school. He was beloved and many adored him. Though what really got people talking recently about him was his choice to date you, and you couldn't have been anymore surprised. Heck, even the way he asked you out was the most unexpected, yet over dramatic way ever. Which just fit Mettaton's style completely.

***

A few months ago...

You were back in your home, late at night as you slaved away over your homework, Typing away as you stared at the computer screen in front of you, you soon felt your eyes begin to sting and this made you stop your work and look away. "Sigh. Almost... done." You muttered to yourself as you stared off at the wall near you, but this brief period of silence ended once you began hearing the roar of a motorbike's engine in the distance. You huffed and shook your head, already feeling annoyed. 'Who in their right mind would be riding their bike so loud right here. Especially in a neighborhood?' you thought before laying down on your bed, and checked your phone. Soon though you stopped, look as you heard the bike get closer and closer, until it suddenly stopped. The engine was still running, yet whoever was driving had stopped on your street. Getting up to look through your window, you pushed the curtains aside and lifted the window seal before sticking your head out. You saw him right away, as he stood there on the sidewalk right in front of your house.

Sitting on his motorcycle, engine running and in full glory, was the school's hotshot; Mettaton. He sat, dressed in tight black pants, white dress shirt, a black jacket with a pink bandana wrapped around his face and also a pink scarf on. His hair was messy, yet still covered his right eye and a nice pair of hot pink boots. The bike's stand was soon nudged in place which let Mettaton climb off the bike. Wearing a pair of shades, Mettaton reached a hand and lifted them up into his hair which helped hold his revan hair up and out of his face. Mettaton walked along the small path up to your home's front porch where he stopped half way once he spotted you watching from your room's window. He grinned and placed one hand upon his hip while the other he used to wave up at you. He then continued forward and you watched confused only to see him start climbing up your house, right up to your window. Taking a step back, you watched in stunned silence as Mettaton soon appeared and took a seat on the window seal. He smiled as he looked up at you, crossing his legs in the process. Struggling to form a sentence, you soon found your voice. "U-Um. Hello? Uh, why are you-" Mettaton just let out a chuckle before he reached a hand into his pocket and pulled out a rose. The rose looked fresh, as if he recently got it.

He then offered it up to you, which only brought more confusion to you before you accepted the rose and took a moment to admire it. The rose itself was actually unique, not just being red but also pink alongside. It was quite beautiful... "Thank you." "You're welcome Darling, mind if I come in?" He asked, waiting which he didn't have to for long, which you nodded and he hopped in your room. "Now~ (Name) right~?" You nod. "It's nice to find and meet you personally darling~ It truly is an honor~" He took hold of your hand and brought it to his lips as he gave it a soft kiss on the knuckles.. "O-Oh, thanks?"" So uh-what are you doing here?" You offered up as you watched him take a seat on your chair, leaving you to sit on the edge of your bed and watch him silently. He smiled as he turned your chair around and sat on it backwards, resting his arms on the headrest. "Why? I came here to see you~" Blinking as you struggled to comprehend what he said, you spoke up. "Pardon?" "You darling, I have seen you around school and I just knew I had to ask you out~ Soooooo~ What do you say~?" Blushing bright red you stared at him beyond shocked and confused, soon though you managed to respond. "Yes?" Which sounded more like a question but Mettaton accepted it and gave a nod before climbing back out the window, but before just disappearing from view he spoke up. "Good, I'll meet you tomorrow night since school is out. See you then~" You approached and this allowed Mettaton to take hold of your hand and give it a kiss, alongside the feeling of paper being placed in the palm of your hand which you pulled away and opened it up to see it. In your hand was a small note, written in fine pink text was his number and name. Blush growing, you looked up to speak with him only to see him gone now. Surprised you rushed to the window and watched as he walked away and soon was back on his bike and drove away.

Long after he's bike got too far to even hear, you struggled to come to terms with what happened before you finally decided to just head off to bed. Tomorrow you were off so you might as well. And with that thought in mind, you placed the rose down on your nightstand before falling asleep.

***

Finally inside the school, you glanced around as you counted the numbers on the lockers which soon led you to your own and you placed your things away. Once you had the right books you closed the shudder and were about to walk when you stopped in the middle of your tracks. Walking up to you was none other than your boyfriend Metta with a bright smile as students all around cleared the way for him to approach you. He was dressed in the school uniform, though was wearing a bow in his hair and his pink boots. Once close he greeted you with a kiss on your cheek then a hug which you happily returned back. "Hello darling~ How is my sunflower today~?:" "I'm doing fine, Metta. You?" "Fabulous as always~ Thank you~ Shall we go now~?" Giving a nod, you two soon walked side by side, holding hands as you carried your bags as you made your way to your first class.

***

Once the day was over, you soon followed Metta to his bike which rested in the parking lot of the school. Following close behind you put on the helmet he offered you and soon had his jacket on with you doing the same. "Hop on darling~" Taking a seat behind him, and wrapping your arms around his thin waist, you smiled and placed a kiss on his cheek. "Ready!" "Then let's go!" With one quick kick, the stand was back in place and the bike took off, slow at first before zooming off onto the street and away from the school.

(An Hour (Or more) Later)

Very soon you and Mettaton had left town and now found yourselves at the top of Mount. Ebbot. A mountain just outside of town which you two had visited once before, now we're returning again for a special occasion. Apparently Mettaton had something important to reveal to you, so you were quite eager for this trip. Once arriving at the top, at a spot which overlooked the whole town and other mountains nearby. Parking the bike close by you two walked side by side near a small spot under one of the few trees there where you two ended up sitting together. You two spent some time side by side watching the sun in the sky and enjoying the other's presence. It was during this that Mettaton soon spoke up which made you look at him. "Darling? I want to give something. And it's quite important." "What is it?" "This..." Reaching into his pocket, Mettaton took the moment to get on one knee in front of you before pulling out a small black box. Seeing it you gasped and wounded quietly what it was when Mettaton began. "Darling, I know we just started dating, but I would like to propose... " Opening the small box, revealing a pair of rings with crowns atop each with a small pink diamond on each. "Do you promise for when the time comes... that we will be together, and shall remain my star from now till forever~" Stunned into silence you soon felt a smile come to your face and you nodded, feeling yourself shed a single tear before accepting the ring and embracing Mettaton.

After sharing a kiss, you two continued right into the evening sitting there below the tree, atop on the mountain.