Living with a Star

What's it like living with him?

Living with Mettaton would be both glamorous and full of plenty of advantages and disadvantages. Lots of laughs and many benefits of being with a star, alongside the downside of dealing with the paparazzi and periods of separation whilst Mettaton was out on tour. Depending on how comfortable you were with all the attention, Mettaton would do his utmost to make you happy and comfortable. Didn't want the paparazzi interfering with you two whilst on a date? He had security and thankfully, the establishments owners, working to keep them away from even bringing a camera close so you two could get privacy. Not one for the bright cameras and hundreds of questions thrown your way? Mettaton always went first and made sure to clear a path whilst he, his cousin and anyone else willing, would shield you from view as much as possible. If not, wherever you two were going he would send you ahead with someone he trusted the most in order to keep you out of the limelight. Whilst feeling disappointed he couldn't often show you off to the world, he nevertheless made an effort to make sure you were always in his world, smiling and happy. If you are willing to be out in the limelight, however, then he would strut his stuff with your arms or hands interlinked as he walked proudly with you by his side, both dressed to impress. If you didn't mind being taken photos of, you two shared many intimate moments together and shared much affection like hugs and kisses, and the paparazzi ate it up.

Whilst publicly, depending on if you were a celebrity or not, was filled with what you might expect with being with a well known star; the home life was a noticeable difference. Rather than the flashy lights and camera, crowds of fans with autographs being asked from all around, the home life was peaceful and quiet.In part, this was on how you felt and how you liked to spend your time whilst staying with him or vice versa, but also because Mettaton enjoyed having the calm atmosphere as well. Without having many eyes on him, the star could now settle and lay back to do as he pleased without worrying of his reputation or disappointing his fans. He often spent it on his phone, watching videos or to chat with and keep to date with his cousin Napstablook in case either of them had been on tour. He would check his own official MTT brand fan site, Glamourfans.org, and see the latest polls or news, or plainly kind and sweet comments his fans delivered. If he wasn't on his phone looking at how the world felt about him, he was spending it snapping pics of you either together with him, both willingly and unwillingly. He had quite the album only after a week, as he put it you were simply too cute and/or gorgeous not to have photos taken.

If not on his phone, then he was in either his or your room brainstorming for his next shows, live appearances, or other events and how he wanted it to go. Being quite the diva he was, you often had to reel him in just so he wouldn't get ahead of himself. Other times, if you were interested of course, he would run his own personal Mettaton brand fashion show! Either you or him would dress in your best, put on makeup (only if you wanted to) and check out how either one looked in the mirror. If you didn't want to of course, he let you be the judge and it only made him more eager as it meant he had more chances to surprise or leave you speechless. You sometimes had very funny reactions to him. If not that, then cuddles or eating together, watching some on TV, or just generally acting like a couple were the usual on any day. Mettaton often made dinner, lunch and breakfast, with desert being his personal forte. If you insisted or wanted to though, he would step aside and let you cook. If you weren't particularly the best though, or just wanted to make up for all the kind things he did for you, he would happily step in to help (and prevent you from potentially burning his kitchen down).

When it came time for chores and maintaining the home, you both worked together on that. Often he does some of the heavy lifting and taking care of laundry or dishes. (He was the one to make an episode about how to clean whilst looking your hottest after all, so he had to show it) but was always ready to help you in case you needed it. He often spent this time though in his box form, or in what Alphys nicknamed Box Ex, where he would use the extra battery time of his box body to get around the house and care for it whilst his legs gave him better stability and reach. If you yourself had a hobby you liked to indulge in, he would like to join though it would greatly depend on what it was. Taking photos of the outside world? He would wanna be in most pics which both annoyed and humored you to no end. You were a youtuber and/or streamer? He often helped you set up and joined you from time to time. It was a lot like his forte as a star, after all. Being a collector? Mettaton would often be the one to help your search and purchase the things for your collection. He even had a bookcase set up so you can place your collection up for all the see. Painter/ artist?

Oh yes~

Paint me like one of your French bots~

That one you might just not tell him outright to be honest. Any and all interest you had, he would like to be involved to some degree, if just to make you happy and comfortable especially if you two had moved somewhere either for vacation or for a new residence, and you needed something to help calm the tension you may feel after. If the day was a long one, in which he was exhausted and his body needed to charge, he would take the rare step of exiting his corporal form only to join you. Only you he trusted with seeing him like this, as only family he would leave to see him outside his body. When this would be happy, you too could spend time laying on the floor, staring mindlessly up at the ceiling, and feel like cabbage. He could still do this in his Ex or Box form though, but this felt better to him. More authentic as he sometimes put it.

Simply put, Mettaton would offer you lots of love and more if you were living with him. If he was living with you, he would of course make some changes so that he wasn't interrupting or upsetting your home life, though it was a tricky change regardless. But as always, it wasn't all he gives and you take, as you made sure to show the star plenty of love and thanks back for his kindness and this only straightened your bond together. 

(Thank you to AnimeMenCanRuinMe, great name, for their help. As without them, none of these scenarios would come to pass. They laid the foundation with their ideas, and I wanted to say thank you to them for helping.)