Have a cold? (Yes, he did)

(Arthur: Short Story this time around, just as a way to keep you from waiting.)

Mettaton x Reader Story

One morning, you awoke early to start the day. Stretching as you did so, you turned to wake Mettaton up when you noticed he seemed to look pained. As he was in his ex form, it was clear by the expression on his face that he was uncomfortable. Gently shaking him by his shoulder blade, Mettaton failed to react so you tried again. Finally he seemed to stir but when he did, he looked pale. He groaned painfully as he sat up, hair messy, and eyes groggy as he turned to look at you. "Morning love. How-" He suddenly shuddered and coughed, then he began to sneeze. He took a sharp breath of air once, then again, then out he sneezed. Groaning, Mettaton fell back in bed as you quickly moved to his side, only to see him lying there in discomfort as his eyes watered and something began beeping. Mettaton tried to get up again, only for his body to quit and he fell back down. You asked him what was wrong, and Mettaton sniffled before managing to let out a pain cough. "I-I have a virus, darling. Unfortunately, it's pretty serious it seems." Well, you didn't hesitate to start moving, first by asking what systems he had and then asking for what he needed. Mettaton, still with a sore throat and cough, asked only for a pillow or two and to call Alphys for help. You went and did both, until returning to help tend to his needs. Mettaton was clearly miserable, coughing occasionally as his voice sounded so distorted, you had a hard time understanding him. 

"Ugh, darling... I feel like I'm heating up... please, turn on a fan or something?" You did so, either by turning on an ac unit or bringing a fan in, you then went ahead to do some chores before coming back. As Mettaton laid under the covers, he turned to look at you and asked again; "Can I please have something to drink, dear? Water maybe?" Again, you were gone. Thankfully, during your walk to your kitchen, Alphys had finally arrived and was waiting after she gave a frantic knock. Letting the former Royal scientist inside, you guided her towards your bedroom where you sat back and watched Alphys help the sickly star. First, you helped Alphys get Mettaton up and off the bed, before flipping his switch back to his first form. Once he was a box again, Mettaton was powered down as Alphys set to work. You asked why she went this route, only for Alphys to explain it was more simple working on his box form as his Ex had a more complex design and interior. Leaving it at that, you helped when you could, even if it was simply getting her the tools she needed. Finally, after what turned into half an hour of work, Alphys stepped back and gestured for you to come over. Peering into Mettaton's lifeless body, you saw how messy he had gotten inside, as Alphys explained how the virus caused his body to not function properly. But before you could get worried on what this could mean, Alphys told you he would be fine but that she definitely needed to get him antivirus protection from now on. Moments later Mettaton was seemingly fixed but would need some more rest to gather himself again, as his body had sustained some pretty serious damage and may not respond properly. So instead, you spent your time helping care for Mettaton as his aptly named 'personal nurse,' to which he spent more time flirting and complimenting you rather than trying to get better, which just annoyed the heck out of you. Even if he was in the dumps or feeling unwell, he still acted like his usual self. And you wouldn't have had it any other way.