The Lost Phantom

The Haunted Theater

"And... that's how it happened." Blooky finishes before letting a shaky sigh, then begins to cry. Tears falling down his face slowly while you placed your hand on his shoulder, rubbing it trying to comfort him. A short while later, you had left and traveled back to the station. Once there, you sat in the office you had been given since you arrived and quietly thought for a few moments then traveled off once again towards the manor once again. Stepping inside but again alone, you stood in the certain front lobby where you stood alone for a few moments then spoke. "Hello? Are you here?" Your voice echoed throughout the room and bounced off the walls, making you feel just that bit more uneasy. Waiting for whatever would appear or happen when suddenly you felt a presence close to you but couldn't tell where. A moment later you saw a figure start to appear before a faint outline. Standing in shock, you took a step back but stopped completely and remained silent. You then reached a hand towards it, curious as to how it would react to which you quickly got an answer. You felt some warmth wrap around your own hand, much like his own before shaking it gently. He then let go and you stared in stunned silence before grinning and gave a nod. "Hello. A-Are you... Mettaton?" You spoke through a nervous voice, leading to the figure to 'nod' before stepping back and seemed to 'bow' before you. Smiling back, you gave your name to him. "Hello! The name is (Name) and... I'm here too..." You paused to consider your words, wondering if it were right to say you were investigating his case. It would be a strange thing to say to someone, a spirit no less who you just met not a moment ago now. Instead however, he simply waved you off before offering a smile, hinting he already knew before leading you away and to his room. Once there, you entered into a "conversation" where you talked while he struggled to write down his answers or own questions on a piece of paper. After some trial and error, you had managed to gather some of the information and what you needed. From what he revealed, it sounded like Mettaton had been betrayed as someone he once knew had come up behind him and dealt the deadly blow. He later threw his body away which explained why he was still on earth and hadn't moved on yet. He was still trapped inside the building somewhere. The suspect had long since fled however, and this made you feel sick to your stomach with anger and resentment flowing through you but you soon were able to reign it back in. Sighing to yourself, you then looked up at him and asked him where exactly his remains were. Mettaton floated up before phasing through the door and you quickly followed.

Finding a stairwell, you two traveled down the barren stairs as you carefully walked while gripping the handle bar beside you on the nearby wall, tightly. Finally feeling your foot connect with hard ground, you stepped off the stairs and searched around the room but the lack of light made it impossible to even see a few feet in front. Reaching around for a while you felt a light switch and quickly flicked the lights on. A spark followed from the ceiling then slowly but surely, one after another lights began to appear throughout the ceiling. Some dimmer than others and some not lighting at all. But the lights that were on would be more than enough. Searching around the room, you found it was a storage room with countless spare clothing, old paint cans, stage lights, cameras, mic's, crates stacked on crates and countless other things for shows. Seeing it honestly stunned you how many things were here, and they all looked brand new. Clean and ready for use. Only slight traces of dust blanket everything. Wondering over and around the room, you examined all the different sets and stage equipment that rested all around the room. After a while of just admiring the sights and treasures the room had to offer, you noticed Mettaton was standing before something. Standing before a large chest and isn't moving or anything. Just... looking at it.

Confused before you were hit with the realization, you put on a pair of gloves and wandered over carefully, not wanting to step on anything as you approached. Once close you reached out for the latch and popped it open after some effort, then with both hands reached down and nestled your fingers under the lid of the chest. Lifting it slowly upwards, the chest opened which revealed it... His body. Strangely, it looked intact, as if it just a few moments ago had been left there. There was still some blood though, with a dark stain on the suit he was still wearing. However, it otherwise seemed that his body was fine. Stunned into silence, you reached a hand towards it. Feeling the soft fabric of the tux, you noted how warm it felt before your hands connected with his skin. Warm as well. It was all so strange until you thought back to the case files you read. Then a bizarre idea came to your mind. Was Mettaton's soul removed from his body? Was his body preserved somehow? It was hard to say but from what you were seeing now, that could be the case. Mettaton was silent as he watched over you and his former body, silent and unmoving. A moment later you turned away and you felt just so overwhelmed by this, but soon you were already planning on what you should do next in order to find out what you should do. And that was to help bring peace to Mettaton, or try to.

(Possibly to Continue)