A Meeting like No Other

(Arthur's Note: This story was meant to be serious as part of the idea, but instead this chapter became comical... I might carry it over to the next part.)

Underfell AU

It had only been a mere day since you first entered Hotland, merely on your way through the Underground, in the hopes of eventually escaping. Unfortunately, this would be no easier than Waterfall or Snowdin, not even the Ruins. Each and every single location in the Underground was filled with hazards, traps and hostile monsters of all kinds. None were exactly helpful aside from either Sans or Papyrus, the duo offering some advice here and there, or where to avoid the more 'dangerous' parts of the Underground. Not that it provided much comfort to you, as each and every step, you worried there was a trap just waiting to go off or a monster to pop out and try and strike. Not wanting to take such a risk, you were careful to keep an eye out and listen carefully. Now however, you could feel the heat rise, as you entered another section of the Underground, Hotland. The sign wasn't all too promising, as it glitched with sparks flying, with crude spray paint declaring; 'Trespassers beware. Your dust will be all over." A shiver went right up your spine, but knowing that it was the common theme of the Underground, you simply pushed on. Glancing back, you kept a careful eye out for Undyne. Undyne had only a mere hour ago, while on the final league of the trip, had nearly struck you with several spears which forced you to run. A tense chase was only interrupted thanks, indirectly, to Monsterkid. It had only been by chance, but thanks to their destruction, you were given one clear sprint to escape. Now however, you are experiencing a new headache. Wandering across the rotting timber of the bridge, you nervously gripped the ropes, which merely burned your hands due to the closeness to the lava below. Worse still was that the rope had begun to split in several places, forcing you to pick up your pace until thankfully reaching the otherside. Reaching the otherside, you spotted what appeared to be a water fountain. Besides it, several cups were set lazily about. Feeling some relief, you were quick to get a cup, only to notice the jog of water was instead empty and it looked busted. Frustration and anger hit in that moment, as you didn't care that anyone could be watching. With one punch then kick, you groaned in anger and slight pain, before you continued on. The journey up ahead was split in two, one towards a large and seemingly abandoned 'lab' and a second path to nowhere. Going towards the Lab, you slowed in your stride, as you noticed just how poorly maintained the building was. Dirt and grime was everywhere, but with not much of a choice, you went forwards before stopping just outside the rusty door. Not sure if you would have to put in a code or wait, you instead knocked twice, only for silence to follow. Just as you were about to try again, the door slid straight up with a loud crash and slam.

Noticing it was dark inside, you inspected your items and foods, as you planned ahead for what to wear for protection and to consume for health without wasting anything for the long road. Moving on you glanced around the space, now seeing it was for sure a lab, as several desktops and tables were throughout. More unnerving was how unclean it was, while several bottles and glasses contained strange substances. It unnerved you to know the end.

Unfortunately, the sight of several screens that seemed to be for security cameras and secret cameras did not make you feel any better. Shaking it off, you were about to move farther when several low growls, followed by a loud bang echoed throughout. Next rushing water from what you realized was a room opposite of you, went off before silence came again. Waiting for whatever would happen next, the lights suddenly came on and now you could see the lab for what it was. And it was terrifying. Machines of pure nightmares were all over, alongside wires, cords, gears and other mechanical parts were all over. Several spots of oil and what looked like blood stained the floor. Tables were a mess with papers strewn all over the place. 'Well whoever works here clearly doesn't know how to clean up.' Wandering forwards you noticed the door where the sound came from, only to stop when another monster stepped out; one dressed in a simple lab coat and glasses. She looked beyond mad, her eyes glaring off into space while she mumbled incoherently as she wiped her lenses. Finishing, she glanced your way only to freeze up. "W-What the fu*k!?!? You're HERE already??? Fu*k!!! I'm NOT ready!" She began to 'panic' flailing around before stopping, then grinning one crazy smile. "No matter! You're here!!! And it's time I get to EXPERIMENT once again! Best part is I've been waiting for so long, and looking at you? You'll be a hell of a lot more fun to experiment on!!!" "Can I say no..." You asked, already knowing the answer only for her to just stare in disbelief. "OF COURSE NOT!!!! I'VE NOT BEEN WATCHING YOU THROUGH MY CAMERAS THIS WHOLE TIME JUST TO LET YOU GO!!!!" She suddenly pulled out what appeared to be a taser, her grin returning. "Now... stay still and let us begin-" She didn't get to finish as you made a run for it, rushing up the escalator. "HEY!!!!" Alphys ran after you. (Cue the Benny Hill Theme.)

Running up and down the escalators, dodging one electrical shake following another. Time and time again, Alphys tossed or chucked random items from tools to parts, glasses of liquid and just plain old mouses from computers, right after you. At one point, you had managed to pick up what seemed to be a large wrench. Having enough strength to just raise it, you swung hard after turning around. With one loud clunk, you send several of the items thrown after you flying back towards the Mad Doctor, who was forced to duck in cover. Soon an intense game of tag mixed with baseball began, as neither you nor Alphys were willing to give up. Eventually, Alphys switched out from her zapper and instead pulled out a small remote. Instantly several small and unfinished robots came to life and came to her aid. Once again the race was on, and you were beginning to run out of steam. Just as one attempt to swipe at you from behind, you had managed to save yourself behind one table and chair, the poor machine running smack dab into the wall just above. Now safe and under cover, you instantly went to work and retrieved a few items. Such as a long cord, an extra wrench, and going to work.

Soon, the bots had surrounded your position, with the mad doctor up front and ready to unleash them. "IT's over, HUMAN!!! We got you surrounded, at least from here! Come on out, willingly, and you MIGHT be spared!" Before getting a response, Alphys quickly was forced to fall to the floor as several glasses and parts were sent flying towards her. Having made a makeshift slingshot, you went to work until most of the Doctor's experiments were lying across the floor in heaps. Angered beyond belief, the Dr raced after you once again, beginning the chase once more which took you all over the lab. This went on for what felt like forever, until exhaustion hit both of you hard, with your breathing labored and lungs burning. Stopping a moment, you both raised a peace sign towards one another and gave a firm nod of understanding. One period of rest followed, almost comical with how it happened. Finally feeling your strength coming back, and after the Dr had gotten herself a ready meal and eaten, you two looked towards one another and nodded.

Thus it began once again.

Eventually, Alphys got the upper hand, as with one swift push of a button and several mechanical hands above reached down before plucking you right off your feet. Now hanging up above the floor by several feet, you were left desperately trying to escape, while the mad Dr laughed. "Gotcha! Now-" She stopped, her eyes widening before she reached into her pocket and pulled out what appeared to be a script. "Hold on, give me a moment." Waiting for a minute, Alphys then continued. "*Ahem* Right! Now I've caught you human! And you won't escape! *Evil laugh follows*" Meanwhile, just outside a certains star had just arrived home, only about to enter, but not after hearing everything that had been said. 'Oh dear, not another one. The poor soul.' But not wanting to unknow Alphys anymore, Mettaton merely shrugged before making his way inside, only to be met by a more messy than usual lab, a Alphys who looked tired and sweating as if she ran a marathon, and a human dangling from up above from the claw hands. You and the Dr turned upon hearing the Star's entry, you both noticing the 'look' of confusion in the form of a question mark on his screen. :What on earth are you two doing!?" Neither of you spoke, unsure of how to answer until Alphys spoke up and explained everything. Of course with plenty of self gloating for having 'caught the human,' with 'hardly any' struggle.

(To be Continued)

(I hope you enjoyed~)