"Trapped in the Void"

Destroyed AU

Terror was what he had felt, the kind that left you unable to move, as he witnessed the destruction before his eyes. Worse, was the silence which came right after the screams went silent. One moment he was in the middle of giving another performance, his latest now in his Ex form. The next, he found himself alone as he faced down the Sans which had entered. It was bizarre, the Sans, as he stood there before the Star. Glitch-y as he appeared, Mettaton had wasted no time in switching to Neo to stop him. Even if he may die, others would live. Unfortunately, this Sans was toying with the Star. Playing with his emotions and detailing how he was weak. Worse were the details of his and friends' world, secrets and how it was over for them. Before the Star could make a comeback, he found himself forced into a complete stop just before he could go for another strike. His body was left suspended just a few feet off the ground, while the Sans laughed at his cruel humor. Mettaton tried to free himself, but the strange strings tying him in the sky kept firm. Feeling fear now return, Mettaton watched as the Sans approached before he got ready to snap his fingers. Before he could, everything went dark as Mettaton's battery died at that very moment. Endless darkness took over, and the Star felt despair. Was it over already? Was he gone? Was this his after-life? The void. Unable to help it, he began to feel some tears in black droplets of fluids drip down his eyes. Glancing down at his hands, he could see he was back in Ex form. His gloves were torn, his boots scratched up, legs with a few dents and overall bad shape. Scared, and wanting to just be home, or at MTT Resort, or even the Lab, he began to weep. He had no idea how much time passed, nor if it even did. Instead he stayed afloat for good. At least, that was until he suddenly awoke just as suddenly.

Moments later he found himself lying in a bed, one that seemed like his own. Shooting up from bed, he looked about to see if this wasn't just his mind playing tricks, touching and checking everything only to realize it was. But somehow, it didn't feel like it? As if he was in a stranger's home. Confused, Mettaton caught sight of a small note hanging from the door by a small tack. Ripping it from its spot, Mettaton began to read over the lines of the note. 'To the one staying here, and reading this letter

I'm sorry to tell you, you will have to stay here, for your home was destroyed. I'm deeply sorry, from the bottom of my soul. You are not alone, however. While you may have lost ones close from home, you may have family here in one form or another.

Welcome to the 'New Homeland'.'

Mettaton's fear rose in an instant, but so did the hope he wouldn't be alone. Without wasting another moment, he turned and ran out of his 'new' home and was soon seeing the world of his new home. It looked much like his own, yet many things looked different. Every home, while familiar, was either occupied but another version of someone he once knew. It was bizarre, somehow he was 'home' he felt, but this home was nothing like he remembered it. Not wanting to dwell much longer, he soon found himself at the capital where he saw a few versions of his former fans. Many were wearing different attire or acting differently, but they continued with little care regardless of the different version of themselves around. Slowing his sprint to a walk, then a stroll, the star found himself now at Asgore's palace. It looked rather plain, but he guessed this was because this was a sanctuary and therefore was kept simple. Approaching, he nevertheless, respectfully knocked until he watched the doors open with a simple click. Stepping inside, he saw several guards standing to either side of the corridor, many alternate versions of the Snowdin patrol, or Royal Guard 1 or 2. They were mostly kind, waving or saying; 'Hello' as he passed by.

This helped him relax as he approached the throne room, upon which he was greeted by the sight of a couple Sans's alongside a few others, including a young (Human/Monster) standing besides one of the Sans's who looked decorated with art supplies and was the most colorful in the room. Once he was in sight, the conversation died down as the Sans's turned to address Mettaton before turning away and leaving. Behind them, the young (Human/Monster) turned to Metta and gave a shy smile, before approaching and offering a hand. "Hey- You must be a newbie, right?" Mettaton shrugged, "well, yes? It seems so. Um, do you know what happened? How did I end up here?" (Name), looking tense for a moment, sighed before gesturing for Mettaton to follow them. "I'll explain, but it would probably be better if you got an idea from someone who knows well." Off they went to the lab, greeted by several of Hotland's monster residents and a few humans. Finally reaching the lab itself, the two entered with (Name) in the lead. Stopping just before a pair of Alphy's, the two doctors turned to and greeted either of them.

It was, sadly as one could imagine, a pretty emotional affair for the star. Worse still was the fact he had been the only survivor to escape with his life, due to the intervention on the part of (Name) and a few Sanses who had gone with them. Noticing the distressed star who had begun to weep on the spot, (Name) quickly stepped in and ended the talks before bidding the two royal scientists farewell and leading Mettaton away. Time later and (Name) was working alone in their kitchen, listening to music while Mettaton sat alone on the couch, clearly still shaken up and still mulling over the dark truth he just learned. (Name), noticing the defeated look on the star's face, stopped for a moment before carefully turning down the stove and approaching the star. "Hey Met." Mettaton glanced towards them, before his gaze returned to the floor. "Mhm?" "Listen... I'm, believe me when I say, am sorry for what happened. I wanted to be there sooner. To help, but. The damage was done. But I promise you, we will do our best to help you and give you a second chance. You have my word." Looking up once more, Mettaton felt the emotions swell as (Name) sat beside them, and offered a hand to obviously shake. But rather than take (Name) up on the offer, Mettaton embraced them as he curled his noodle arms around their waist. Sniffling, he began to sob into their shoulder, causing (Name) did sadden before they began comforting the star. It was the star of a new relationship, one built from tragedy and loss, to hope and love.

(The End)

(Potentially continued.)