Robotic Aid

No Human-Monster War

(Synopsis: Set in a universe without the War, you wound up becoming the personal assistant of Dr. Gaster and his right hand, Dr. Alphys. During your time there, you soon get help as work starts stacking up.)

Papers. Endless, near endless Papers, was what you could see piling up. Taking the time to at least read the heading followed by the first couple of sentences, before placing them in stacks to be filed before placed in a folder. Then finally, stored safely and securely away. It was a tedious if not boring task, but one that paid well enough so you were at least willing to wait it out. What didn't help was the fact your current boss, Dr. Gaster, expected quick and efficient work from you, arguing it was simple and should be easy for a human to do. Like that even helped. Rather, you were busy trying to keep up. As the assistant to the famous Dr. Gaster, the same man who managed to convert a whole Underground cavern into a laboratory and research facility, as well as construct a massive core to power a whole city with electricity, expected nothing but the best from his staff including you. Meaning, any and all screw ups left him disappointed and the last thing you wanted to risk was upsetting the man, though things may just reach a breaking point if they keep up like this. Just then a meek little knock caused you to pause as you finished storing another folder filled with papers away, and turned to face your door. "Come in." With that walked in the right hand of Dr. Gaster, and one of your companions, Dr. Alphys. The rather meek though humble Dr. stepped fully into the room, her smile growing upon seeing you as she waved. "H-Hey (Name). Still hard at work?" Breathing slowly, you grumbled a bit as you finished locking away another file. Of course this wasn't your only job. Keeping track of the records which changed often on experiments and resources used, staff assigned and to where, and what experiments were being done; you had the job of ensuring the clock kept ticking away properly and without delay. Stressful was how you would describe this part of the job. "It's painful." You said, leaving Alphys to sigh as she observed your surroundings. You were halfway done with the work, but that was no doubt going to change in just a day or two, and back here you would be again. "Well... how about you get some help?" Alphys responded, voice full of hope. You, in contrast, seemingly looked dejected and shook your head. "I can't. Everyone else is busy, plus Gaster can't afford to hire someone new for the time being. I'm stuck going solely." Alphys was about to protest, but she stopped herself remembering her friend, and how frugal he could actually be. Alphys then seemed to get an idea as she snapped her index finger with her thumb; "That's it!" as she turned to leave. "Not to worry, (Nickname)! I can get you the help you need and I know who to ask!" Leaving you dumbfounded, you quietly went back to work as the time went by.

Elsewhere, Gaster was alone in his office whilst looking over several plans he had written up for new designs and plans. As he was underway with his work, a knock interrupted him from the equation he had been formulating, causing an irritated sight to leave. 'No matter, I need a distraction anyway.' Placing his piece of chalk down, he turned to face the door to his office and spoke up. "Come in." And Alphys stepped inside, smiled wide and clearly with an idea in her head. "Dr! I had an idea!" Gaster smiled, and despite his seemingly cold exterior, he could still have a soft spot for his dear friend and partner, Alphys. "And what, if I may be so bold to ask, is the idea for?" Alphys grinned triumphantly before placing a set of basic sketches down in front of him. "I wanna make a helper for (Nickname)!"

(To be continued)