Survival within Hogwarts

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

(Ideas provided by 11Link)

You had remembered it clearly, remembered the day you both first came to Hogwarts aboard the same train. You had both come from humble backgrounds, each from separate parts of the English countryside though you were fair foreign and not used to the new world you found yourself in. A magical world, one hidden behind a simple brick wall to below a carpet, floor, from within a fireplace to just a simple painting; it had all been a shocking reveal. With that in mind, it was just becoming more and more unbelievable as the surprises continued from there. Upon arriving on Hogwarts grounds for your first year, you eagerly took the time to check your surroundings and see just how incredible and interesting this place was. Hogwarts looked medieval, but also quite modern in some areas. Magic clearly flowed through however, with what seemed to be flames that would ignite at will without a torch or match. Books and pencils, novels and other literature floated overhead as ghosts flew across the halls. Upon entry, the student body was led towards a place known simply as the 'Great Hall' where countless students and staff from seemingly all over sat. One who seemed to be the headmaster as all mentioned on the train, sat in a grand oak chair near the center of a long table where all staff seemed to sit near or at with him being in between a elder women in a tall pointed hat, while a man with revan hair and black clock sat on the other side. Soon the slender woman stood to her full height, taking a deep breath while speaking with a clearly firm voice. "Now that you are, the ceremony shall begin. Each of you shall be assigned your own house for which you will remain a part of for the remainder of the year. Shall any of you achieve something worth note, points shall be granted to you and added to your house's overall score. Any such rule breaking of any sort, regardless of intention, shall make you lose points. Now, the ceremony shall begin."

Now standing beside a small stool, the Professor reached for a scrolled and unrolled it. It hung quite low, nearly touching the ground. Clearly manay students would be assigned this year it seemed, but you didn't mind and just waited like everyone else as they were sorted out. As the number of students assigned grew shorter and shorter, you got closer to the front of the line closer to the stool. The tension was growing so fast, as you listened in as name after name and cheer after cheer went out. Soon though, it was over and you and a couple other students were left and waiting for the call. It was tense still, but you soon noticed a boy who was waiting to be called up near you. He was roughly your age it seemed, having a petite frame if not an average build. You noticed the small beads of sweat that fell down the boy's hair and face, as it seemed you were far from the only one nervous at this point, you offered a simple smile before he turned and noticed you looking. Giving one back, you both froze once your name was called. Silence had filled the great hall but you instead focused on the task at hand. Stepping forth, you soon approached the stool where carefully you made the effort to take a deep breath once taking a seat. After you did, the hat fell upon your head and you felt it awaken and move. "Rah? Hmm, I seee.... Quite a choice to make ere..." It spoke, muttering as it glanced at each table. From Slytherin to Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor each as it remained in deep thought. "Any House would serve you well... A strong willed yet brave Gryffindor, an ambitious and determined Slytherin, a loyal and kind Hufflepuff and a wise and clever Ravenclaw . . . But where to put you?" After a minute had gone past, the hat gave a nod once; "I believe I know where just to put you, aye!? GRYFFINDOR!!!" Applause roared out from the Gryffindor table as you approached, happiness washing over you as you approached and found a seat next to a boy with orange hair, who happily shook your hand and welcomed you to the "Good Guys" as he phrased it in his own way. Another name was read out; "Happsta-blook!" Approached the boy you had seen earlier who approached the stool and took a seat. The boy, Happsta, looked nervous though hid it with confidence as he took one single breath before looking stern. The Hat paused, taking a moment as it muttered to itself in thought, then it gave an answer- "SLYTHERIN!!!" Applauses broke out across the Slytherin table as students alike stood and greeted Metta, who smiled and embraced some while shaking hands with others. Eventually it all came to a close, and the year would begin.