Sway the Night Away

Alternate Universe: 50s Era, no War.

The club was full of life, with the lights which danced about as the music rose above all sounds outside. Dancers from all over town took to the floor, each with a partner whether they be human or monster. Spins and twirls, dips and lifts, went on throughout as couples danced the night away. It was quite the moment spent, a moment to which you failed to enjoy fully as you were one of the bartenders/musicians originally hired by the club to perform or serve. You watched with slight envy, as couple after couple, danced by and laughed, kissed, and enjoyed their evening. You meanwhile had been left high and dry, without a dance partner, without a love, due to him being called in by his work and having to leave. It was a bitter pill to swallow, but you managed to force it down for the time being and instead focused on the now and just getting your job done instead. It worked, mostly...

By the time work ended, it was already late and most couples had begun making their way out, though not without seeing a few fights break out here and there. Ignoring the obvious drunks, you simply changed into your normal attire and chucked into the backseat of your car. Once done, you got in and were off down the dark roadway, bound for home. Passing by several of the last couples still out, you soon found yourself almost completely alone in your side of town, much farther from the more lively sections. Not minding this much, you soon pulled into your driveway and hopped out. Heading inside, you heard the light tune played from the radio and felt confused. You had shut it off beforehand, yet the place didn't appear to be broken into; you shrugged and went forward anyway. Shutting the radio down, you wandered on pass and got comfortable. A while later, now in bed with a book in hand, you awaited for either sleep or your husband to come. Whichever, it didn't matter to you.

An hour seemingly passed when you heard a familiar song begin to play, but without taking any chances, you picked up a hard object, so caught up in the moment you just randomly picked it up without thought. Wandering into your living room, you soon realized the song. It was the song you and your then fiance played on a 'date' between you two on the mountain side. It had been quite the moment, you remembered, and the spot not only served that date but also had been the spot where he asked you those magical words. A small smile graced your lips as you allowed the strong feeling of nostalgia to click and you soon felt yourself begin to move to the song. Though without a partner, it was slightly awkward to move it alone, however that didn't take long to change.

A moment after you began, a hand wrapped around your waist, the other on your free hand. Tensing instantly, you were about to throw a kick when your eyes met those of your love. He smiled cheekily down at you, and you soon returned the favor. He was dressed in he's suit, though the tie was lose and slightly open, otherwise he looked fine~

Without missing a beat, he quickly took the lead, and you two began to dance. Dance the night away. A twirl and spin of your own followed behind a dive, and spin again. A short period of slow dancing would follow as the music slowed, but ended instantly once it picked up. Without realizing it, you two found yourselves on your balcony which came with the house. There he led you outside, into the slight cool breeze, and where he finally finished the song and dipped you towards the ground. Now face to face, you smiled as a single tear fell, yo which Mettaton simply responded with a tender kiss. With that, he picked you back up and back you both went as you both swayed to the beat, Swaying the Night Away as the song played.

Earlier you felt some sadness, disappointment, and overall hit rock bottom.

Not you were back, and it was all thanks to your love, Mettaton~

(The End)

(Story inspired by Song; "Sway" by Michael Buble)