Playing the Fool! 2

(Authors Note)    

(Chapter is shorter than the first, my apologies.)

You made your way to the throne room once more, wondering what the king was up to now. It couldn't be another performance, you wouldn't have to do one for a while now, he had you perform at certain times of day unless he himself requested you perform for longer periods of time. Anyway, you finally arrived outside of the throne room and knocked, choosing to make your presence known. A moment passed until the door opened, revealing Sans on the other side. He welcomed you in and lead you to the King, who was currently resting in his balcony, sitting in a chair and watching the city from far away. Airships moved across the sky, flying too and fro, with searchlights shining down. Large, flat-screen TVs covered their sides, which should episodes for MTT brand shows. Lights were also shining all over the city streets facing the sky above, purple lights shining to the sky above. It was quite a display to watch.

Then, Mettaton stood up and turned to face you. He's crown and cap were lying on a table close by. He then raised his finger, a singled you to come over to him. When you got close, Mettaton turned to face you, it seemed that he was... depressed? Mettaton turned back to continue watching the city. You were confused but just stood there for a while. Finally, MTT responded.

"You know Darling, I wasn't always like this..."

"what do you mean?"

"I mean, when I was becoming King, I was a Star, the sole celebrity of the Underground. And before that, a simple ghost... My life was so, simple, boring... then, I met Alphys... Alphys became my friend, we both shared our interest in humans... Then she offered to make me a body, one that I could use to become a star. I agreed, but once I got that body, I..."

He pauses, his's body seems to shake slightly and you could see oily tears form in his eyes.

"I.. left her... I left her behind and never really showed my appreciation for the body she made for me... I... ignored her... Used her... And now, after finally wanting my chance to make up for what I've done... she's gone..."

Tears slowly crawl down his face... he sniffles. You just stood there, stunned. He continued on and on, about his emotions, thoughts, and other things on his mind... That's when you realized why he asked you to come. He needed some to talk to and vent about his emotions and beliefs, he's fears, etc. You calmly sat down and allowed him to continue. 

It turns out the pressure of running a kingdom, spending time with his cousin, and remorse over he's lost friend had taken it's toll on the super-star and left him feeling drained and struggling to keep up. He even revealed his soul, which had partial creaks on it. When MTT finished, he sat down and continued to allow tears the fall and he continued to sob, near non-stop. You took a moment before reaching for a napkin and handed it to the star. He took it a wiped his eyes off from tears. 

"D-do you want me to get you anything your mag-"

"Mettaton"

"hmm?"

"You can call me Mettaton, Darling."

You paused, shocked that the King would allow you to refer to him by his first name. Shaking your head and finally coming back to earth, it took you a moment to respond.

"M-mettaton, is there anything you need?"

"Nothing more than for you to listen to me, sweetheart... I'm just thankful you were here." 

You nodded, giving him a smile and sat back down.

"So, is there anything you want to do today Mettaton?"

Mettaton paused before giving you an award-winning smile. 

"Can you become part of my show Darling?"