"For who you are~"

You were quietly staring into your computer screen, the light from your PC's screen being the sole light of the room as your eyes remained focused on the screen. Right now you had been watching one of Mettaton's most recent performances when your thoughts had begun wondering once more.

Your mind was... special, in a way. Not that it was in any bad condition or anything, more rather... it was never at ease... it never rested... always, it had something to think about. Always the gears in your mind continued to run. Sadly though, this meant that not only did you risk sometimes overthinking things but also you thought about your flaws... especially your flaws...
You didn't feel like it... Always you felt like a burden, someone who was just never... worth it... Heck, it was so bad you felt like you didn't even know what love felt like...

Honestly, you were a reck in your mind. Each thought your mind ran with a story in your head. A story of you... a better you... a you that was actually worth it, that was actually someone important and had something worth living for.

*Sigh* You looked away from the screen and turned off your computer, pushing the keyboard away from yourself on your desk. As you placed both arms and laid your head on them, your mind kept wandering on and on, on your mistakes, failures... everything that was or that you thought was bad about you. Sighing once again, you turned your gaze over to your nightstand where you saw your phone which was being charged currently. Moving your rolly chair over, you reached your hand and picked up your phone.

You brought your phone close to you and looked at your phone screen. Turning it on you watched the screen light up and display the amount of battery in it. Then after the screen went dark it once more came on and you saw your lock screen. Putting in your password you made your way to contacts and soon messages.

Once you saw his number, you tapped on it and took a moment before deciding on what to type him. You stopped and started to think to yourself about what you were doing... Should you message him now? Wasn't he busy and couldn't come to see you? Would you be disturbing him? Was this... a bad idea? You shuddered to yourself as the possibilities came to mind, but finally, you decided to go through with it now anyway.

You felt selfish in a way, I mean, you were asking for HIM. When HE was probably busy already and was with more important people than yourself. Yet YOU wanted HIM when HE was busy? Before you could look deeper into your thoughts you looked at your phone screen again once you felt your phone vibrate and saw a notification pop up.  

You checked and saw it was from him, someone you... you loved? You wanted him... You... You did enjoy spending time with him? You cared for him...? W-Was that love? Was that what it felt like? Your lips trembled as you thought about it more. 'But... does he want me? Will I screw it up for us? What does he even see in me? maybe he should have gone with that skeleton instead of you...' As you felt tears build up in your eyes you began trying to form a sentence to type in response.

(Metta Darling): Yes Darling? Do you need anything?

...

(You're Name): Yea. Can you- (You stopped to think about what to say, you didn't want to sound "wrong" in any way. Not a burden or demanding) Can you come over? Please?

...

You felt your heart sink already, without even seeing his response or wait that long, you feared what he would say next. Finally, his response came and you feared what it was for a mere second.

(Metta Darling): I'm on my way. Just wait a few minutes and I'll be there soon.

Relief filled your whole body as you sighed and slumped back on your chair. Eyes closed for a few minutes as you let your sense of hearing pick up the sounds of the fan in your room, it on low setting that brought in cool air. The sounds of the wind blowing against your window outside your room.

You opened your eyes open again and finally left your chair. Pushing it in your desk, you made your way over to your bed and laid down on it. As the time flew by, you started letting the bad thoughts come to your mind and take over. All the worse things that could or might happen kept coming up. You didn't want to cry, you had done enough of that earlier but... You felt like you might anyway.

Suddenly, you heard a knock on your door. Not too hard but not too soft either. Instead, it was alright, fine even. You sat up then got up and off your bed, making your way to your front door to your home you thought about the man who was just behind it. Someone, you questioned your love for? I mean, you did love him, right? *Sigh* You were so broken you felt like. Why on earth did he choose you to be his love? Was it out of pity? To use you?

No...

He wasn't like that, not at all. You on the other hand... You didn't trust yourself...

Once you reached your door, you reached out for and had a firm grasp on the door handle. Opening it slowly you peeked out and saw him. He was dressed in a soft, pink sweater. Once that made you just want to hug and cuddle him right then and there. His normal blacker pants and pink boots also. He also had a kind smile and sympathetic look on his face.

He spoke up to you as you looked at him. Mettaton: "Hello darling. I'm here." He stretched his arms out and instantly you rushed forward and hugged him, hugged him as hard as you could as you nuzzled his neck and sniffled. He brought one arm around you and rubbed your back while the other reached down under your legs and picked you up like a small child. He carried you back inside your home as he closed the door with his foot, turning around real quick and locking it with his hand from your back.

He made it over to your couch where he laid down on his back, with you still on top of him. He continued to hold you as you quietly cried into his shoulder. He whispered the sweatest things into your ear and right then and there... you felt it...

Love...

Something you sometimes wondered how it truly felt and right here...

Right here you felt that love...

The love For who you are~