Return to Before

Scenario: Two special people gain a second chance...

The streets were filled with much life, the stars above twinkling away from the night sky, while the lights in the form of Christmas decorations blinked and flashed in separate patterns as if they were in a dance. Small snowflakes fell from the sky above, landing on the ground which had become buried by a few inches of snow. Near a small home, just in the front yard, three children played together as they rolled three balls of snow, one atop another until soon a snowman was formed. The three children giggled and laughed between them before waving as a car slowly drove past, the driver careful of the ice roads they had been forced to drive on. On the other side of the road, a group of adults walked together in a row while singing Christmas carols together in perfect sync. Meanwhile, a slay was dragged along by a tall deer who pulled the heavy sled behind it with two monsters riding comfortably in the back. It turned out the two were once the King and Queen of Monsters themselves who had recently begun rekindling their love once more.

Elsewhere, an adorable couple made up from a young dino woman walked hand in hand with a tall fish woman who walked through the park, admiring the many Christmas themed light shows set up by the townspeople. The lights danced and blinked in separate rows or orders, creating a very colorful display. And just nearby, three skeletons walked side by side, a father and two sons walking together. Walking and talking with cups of hot coco in hand as they enjoyed the fair weather the evening had presented. The same attitude or peaceful and joyful mood could easily be felt throughout the town, with all loving and/or enjoying the atmosphere. However, during this night of celebration and holiday cheers, a bot stood alone inside beside the fireplace. The bot's eyes were glued staring at the fireplace, watching the burning embers rise up before quickly going out. Pausing to brush a hand through his raven hair, he sighed feeling just how messy it had gotten. He hadn't bothered to brush his hair, due in part to his lack of willingness. The reality was that he was hurting, deep inside.

Memories of the past lingered in his mind, it being the memory of his heartbreak. Glancing over to the photo that rested over the mantle of the fireplace, his eyes landed on those of someone he held so close and dear to his heart. Someone he cared so deeply for just as much as his dear cousin. You. You two had posed together, side by side and standing together when the picture was taken. However now it only served to bring pain, where before it brought loving memories. Sometime back, you two went your separate ways, due to work that had forced you away and the love seeming to go away between you. It hurt, but Mettaton had to move on. But he couldn't. With you gone, he could only wish and dream you were back with him, you in his arms as you two enjoyed the holidays together, side by side.

Lowering his head towards the floor, he closed his eyes and took one deep breath before reaching for the soft blanket he was using and pulled it up his chest. Sitting for sometime, he heard a knock on his door to which he glanced towards then got up and answered it. "Ey Metta. How ar ya?" Mettaton smiled slightly, happy to see the skeleton who stood before him. "Hello Sans, why are you? Give me yet another Bot pun~?" He asked, already knowing the answer. Sans grinned and gave a wink. "Ay, you know me to wel Met. But nah, not this time. I feel like I don't have any good ones, anyway. It's hard to come up with a good pun so often. It's gotten to the point where it's been 'bare bones' for me." Mettaton tried so hard not to crack a smile, though it was for not as he chuckled. Sans smiled at Metta. "Sooooo, what you up to Met?" "I'm fine... Just, I just wish... they were here." He muttered shyly, Sans offering an understanding smile then patted his leg. "It's alright, I understand what ya mean. But I'll tell ya, things will get better. I know it will." Sans winked before he walked into Metta's house, with Metta allowing him where the two drank together and just talked. A short while later, Sans left once again leaving Metta alone for the night. As Mettaton got ready for bed, he noticed something laying on his dining room table. A letter.

Confused, he reminded himself he had never seen it before, then reached for it and took a look. Flipping the letter over, a small posted note was attached, written in sloppy handwriting from Sans. 'Ey Metta,

I decided to leave this 'ere, for reasons you'll soon understand. Read it, it's important though not from me. Enjoy the holidays, and marry Christmas.

From Sans.'

Curious now more than ever, Mettaton opened the letter and noticed it was meant for him. He began to read. As he read, he gained a smile. A smile which grew slowly, slowly while a single tear rolled down his face. Soon, he finished the letter and held it over where a human's heart would be on his body before standing up, and looked out the window. Looking into the starry night sky above, he held a smile before closing his eyes.

As it turned out, miracles could truly happen...

As the letter came from the one person besides Blooky he loved so much.

It was from you.

(Possibly to be continue)