The Son, and the Bully

"Troubles at School"

Waiting at home for your son's return, you and Metta continued with your normal schedules separately. Working at home for you was a nice benefit eversince Impact was born, while Metta made an effort to stay home more often when he could. While it was difficult at the beginning, you two wanted to be the best parents you could be and be there for your son. At that moment of remembering the past, you heard the sound of a rumble from the school bus, followed shortly by it moving along a minute after. A brief swing of the door and you instantly turned to meet with your son once more, only to see him speed upstairs before you even had the chance to greet him. Stunned, you dropped what you were doing and rushed upstairs in the hopes to see what was wrong. This was only the third day and it had only worried you more. You knew something was wrong, it just came with being a parent after all, and that was having a sense on when your child was upset. Without another words or thought, you approached Impact's door only to give pause as you swore you heard sniffles. Then what followed made your heart clench, a choke then sob. Without hesitating, you peeked inside, only to see him on his bed with his pillow on his face as his body visually shuddered on the bed. Walking over, you took a seat a short distance away in order to give Impact some space, but also close enough to speak with him. Finally places a gentle hand on his shoulder blade, you felt him tense up before he finally pulled away and revealed his face to you. His cheeks were redden, instead of being their usual light grays or silver. His eyes appeared oily, with black streaks down his face. He choked slightly before sitting up while holding his favorite plush close to him. "Impact...?" You spoke slowly, giving his shoulder a firm grip. "What's wrong, hun?" Without a word, he suddenly broke into a wail before suddenly embracing you, his face buried into your chest as tears streamed down quicker then before.

You were left speechless, this wasn't him! Hugging him without any moment to think, you rubbed his back in slow, wide circles, before you started to feel him calm once again. Taking a moment to look at him again, you placed a gentle hand under his chin and gave it a firm lift upwards to see his expression. He still looked the same, but tired also, likely from crying for so long. He looked up with his mixed color (Pink/Color) eyes into your (Colored) own. Finally, he spoke and in a harsh whisper. "(Dad/Mom)? Am- Am I...? Am I a freak?" Your heart stopped hearing that; 'Who would even say that to him-!?' And just that only, you already had an idea of what could be going on but held your suspension back and instead cleared your throat. "Where did you come up with such a thing? It's far from the truth, (Hun/Son).You're a wonderful child! The only different 'thing' about you is how unique you are! But that doesn't make you a freak in any shape of form. You're a wonder kid, so kind yet so brave. So smart yet so strong. Everything and above." Impact choked up and turned away, but you instantly noticed the small smile that tugged on his lips. Grinning at this, you decided you knew just how to help his mood. As Impact was distracted, your hands slipped around towards his ribes. Impact tensed before looking directly at you. "(Mom/Dad)-" He was silenced as he struggled not to laugh, his jaw tensing up as he held it back while you began tickling him. "(D-Dad/M-mom)- NOOOOO!!!!" Laughter from both of you quickly filled the house, the two of you having an epic battle on his bed as you rustled and struggled. Soon Impact escaped and ran downstairs, followed close behind by you as you rushed after him. Laughing along the way, Impact failed to notice a certain tall, metallic body dead ahead, colored pink and black. Running smack dab into a strong leg, impact nearly fell back only for a pair of noodle arms to yank him up and hold him like a father would a child. "PAPA!!!" He laughed happily as Mettaton laughed away before the duo turned towards you, coming around the corner. "Oh~? Is it another tickle fight~?" "YUP!!! Uh-huh." "Oh, then would my darling child love for me to help deal with (Mommy/Daddy)?" What was likely the most evil smile you saw Impact and Mettaton made, you felt the hairs on your body stand up, while your blood ran cold. "Oh no-" "OOOHHHHH YYYYYEEEESSSSS~~~~!!!" The duo responded, and off you ran closely followed by your husband and son, together.

(Hours Later)

Mettaton listened intently as you explained earlier, after all the fun you both had, Impact had tired himself out and went off to bed. This gave you two the chance to talk privately without Impact overhearing, you two knowing how much he worried about bringing his problems up with either of you. As you spoke about it, Mettaton visibly tensed more and more, his soul darkening for a brief moment as he clenched his teeth. "And I think that's why he's really been acting like this... Because of someone at school." Mettaton paused before thinking for a moment. Nodding to himself, he looked back up at you. "Then I'll go tomorrow and confront the Principle on this! The sooner it's dealt with, the better!" You instantly spoke up. "No, I should. You tend to get quite 'dramatic' when dealing with these sorta things!" Mettaton visibly looked offended, though you already know he was acting dramatic.... Again. "I am not! I just wear my feelings on my shoulder, nothing wrong with that!" "Right... don't you remember that time at MTT Resort when dealing with that customer?" Mettaton glared off to the side; "She was being disrespectful! She called me a "Crappy Computer" and "Tin Can!" "YES!!! Then you chased her out with a CHAINSAW!!!" "Well she needed the exerci-" "METTATON!!" "ALRIGHT! Alright! I'm sorry, sheesh. Then how about we both go?"

You only nodded, then spoke again; "Tomorrow, Impact can stay home while we go to deal with this. Better he is safe here then from whoever did that to him." You turned away, a mixture of feelings swarming your mind as you thought about what might happen. Soon off to bed, you two would be ready for tomorrow. Together.

(To be Continued!)