【Lust & Torture】Ch.8┌NO! It's not Insanity┘

Chapter 8┘
_____________________________

A/N: Beth's behavior is explained at the end of chapter 7. More of Damian's behavior is explained in this chapter.
⚠️ Vulgar display/language and use of firearms, you have been warned.
_____________________________

We were at the alley. In the dimly light night, I could feel shivers run down my spine as it rained.

"Beth." A low velvety voice sounded from behind the scene, making a shiver run down my spine. It was low painted with a warning that I didn't understand its meaning.

I turned around to examine who it was, but deep in my soul, I knew. I knew, before I turned, whose voice it was, and it scared me to no end that I could recognize him only by his presence. I slowly turned my head, and indeed, it was him. Damian. The moment I turned around, my gaze met his. His cold demeanor was still there, and the undetached person. He was watching me cautiously as if asking me who I was. As much as I wanted to run up to him, there was no reason to, so I just stood there, watching his every move.

He was leaning on a bench, looking at the scene intently. I wouldn't put it past him to have been there from the start and watched the whole thing. Who is this man anyway? Why does he seem to treat nice his family, but when outside or with me, he is? A monster? The type of monster I had turned into years ago. But he felt different from me. I couldn't understand him. Every move he made meant something, and it tired my mind to unlock each meaning.

I could not understand what he was doing here. Wasn't he on the beach with that blond woman? "It seems something is wrong here, Miss Beth. Won't you agree?" He spoke up once more, bringing everyone out of their trance.I scoffed, was he serious, or was he playing with me?"No, no. There is no problem here. It's just six guys surrounding a woman and a child. Nothing abnormal, nothing at all." I said sarcastically."Hmm, I don't like the tone that you are using toward me. You better be careful, little witch. But you are right; men trying to beat up someone is common out here. The weird thing is you, Miss Beth."And? That is his problem? Is he serious? No, he cannot be."What do you mean, Mister Damian?" I asked, matching his cold tone."What I mean is, you don't see women, at your age at least, out in the open, fighting a bunch of guys now, do you?""I guess I'm special." I greeted my teeth before saying something I would regret."Oh, are you now." he smiled. He was smiling at me. And even if it was night, I could see the small smile forming on his handsome face.

The men around me glanced at Damian again and looked at each other knowingly. It seems as if the men knew what we were about to do.I watched Damian; he pulled a gun out from his waistband and pointed it in my direction. I did not feel threatened at all looking at him with a gun. Instead, it made me feel weirdly safe. While he pointed the gun at me, he searched my eyes and watched my expressions like a hawk. But I did not back down; I stared back at him. I felt my heart beginning to beat faster than before. A wave of adrenaline coursed through my body just because of his presence and the way he looked at me. I felt alive right at this moment. More alive than I had felt in a long while.As he reloaded the gun to which he had pointed at me, he pulled off the safety and smiled at me, but I didn't flinch. I just raised an eyebrow at him.