【PAIN AND MAYHEM】Ch.3┌She's back┘

[Chapter 3]
_____________________________

A/N: This is a chapter that I didn't need to add but I wanted to so the story would make a little more sense.

____________________________

"NO!"

I woke up feeling sweat all over my body. Not this part again, I- I feel exhausted. Friday came, and I had left by 5:00 AM. I had made a small suitcase two days before.

"I made the decision finally. I will go meet the people who helped me understand what family means."

I wish my mum could come with me but she had work to do.

"I admit that I am still hesitant. I do not want to meet him ever again."

But I can not just put an x to everyone else as I did to him. He warned me not to come back. I do not fear him, and by his words, 'You should, little Beth.'

But I am a person who does not fear death. There is no way I would admit my fear to him, true or false.

I tried to ignore everything about him. And I did a good job. But this time, this time he warned me, threatened me not to go back. In his touch, I felt hesitation when he let me go through that bus. Hesitation to never let me go and keep things simple.

But he is far from a simple man.

I felt his eagerness to drive me away. I felt like prey in his arms.

-Five months ago.-

"I uh..."

"Beth."

"Don't-"

"Your smell is intoxicating, sweet Beth."

"Stop."

"Don't come back."

"Is that what you want?"

"This decision is what your life depends on. Choose wisely."

"What if I come back, what then?"

"Then I will enjoy the hunt then. The chase. And most importantly... Most importantly, I will enjoy the feast, sweet Beth."

"I don't understand what you are talking about."

"I warned you, sweet liar."

"So be it."

"Go, disappear, little witch."

"Goodnight, Damian."

-PRESENT-

That was a weird reminder of a dream I had. I was on a bus and my destination was the Old Town. After some time I had reached my destination. Then, started walking towards the road that leads into the Old Town. I stood there for some time, hesitating to knock. I could hear the kids in the backyard, as all family had gathered, as they do every weekend.