【PAIN AND MAYHEM】Ch.6┌Liar, I will make you suffer┘

[Chapter 𝟨]
_____________________________
A/N: In this chapter, Damian and Beth will be having a fight. Hopefully, all goes well...

_____________________________

After that, I understood clearly. At such time and place, it was life and death situation I was put to go through. Nobody could have made it if they weren't in a team to be protected by the strong.

The problem is the first time I got abducted, I wasn't strong at all. I was only 6, I could only hide and starve until there was nothing to eat and I had to fight for something I could survive on. I lost myself again...

"Nineteen, you're nineteen?" (it's not the same age anymore with the new book. Here beth was 19 in the final edit)

It wasn't a question. I looked up at him again. His eyes burning into my skin.

"Yes, that is how old I am. Is there any problem with that?"

"You little liar, you surely know how to disguise yourself perfectly, you even had me fooled."

"Stop it, Damian. I know Sheila told you everything, I don't give a damn what you think about me."

He came closer abruptly. I had to steady myself, and I was quick, too quick for him to catch me.

"How come you are only nineteen? Your personality had told me otherwise."

"That's the problem? My age? You're mad, and it's because-"

"I really was fooled. For the first time in my life, by a nineteen-year-old! You WILL pay, ten times worse!"

He said, looking at me with eyes that now seemed like they were lost in an abyss.

"So cunning, so young yet so cunning. You think you could do anything you wanted didn't you?"

But it wasn't a question to me, I raised an eyebrow,

"Yes, Sir. I think I can, and I always did."

Things changed like just that between us. The moment I came back, all closeness and warmth there was, was gone. Our true self was out. Both primal and ready to grab a bite off of our meal. The beast inside was released, not able to stand each other's element anymore, one ice and the other fire.

His fiery body, my icy stare, we were two animals protecting their territory, protecting ourselves. And then it hit me, Sir? Did I just call him sir?  Of course I did, I shouldn't have but I wanted to know his reaction.

"Do not challenge me like that, you will regret it, you know you will."

His gaze had darkened, he seemed to be trying to search the depths of my eyes but I knew better. No one could read me if I didn't want them to, that was him included, or so I thought. At the same moment, I knew what he was too. A heartless murderer. A cold killer and a ruthless beast. We were both fond of control, always had been. We would never let ourselves lose it like this, and yet, it was still happening.

"Don't you worry about it, I would never be interested in you that way."
I said, touching his chin, brushing my thumb so close but so far from his bottom lip.

"Shit!"

Regretting it the second it came out of my mouth. Was I daring him? Of course, I was, who wouldn't? I tried to recollect myself after that. I took a deep breath and looked at the corridor again. I was ready to get the hell out of there.