chapter 40

Her eyes become wet saying all this.She really believed him once and thinking about his betrayal hurts her a lot .She has to suffer a lot just because of his lie.She don't know why everytime she believed a wrong person.
Flashback starts.
"Mai aapki beti hu Dad .Aap kaise mujhe kisi anjan ke sath jane ko keh sakte hai" she first time in her life dared to question that man whom she consider as her father.
"Oh ! just shut up.You are no body for me samjhi.Orphanage se laya tha mai tumhe .Aanath ho tum ."
She never ever in her life can imagine something like this.Yes,her parents don't show love and care like others but this is because they are busy in earning money . This is what she used to think till now.
"Ja kar dekho apne baaki saathi ko kaisi zindagi jee rahe hai wo.Agar tumhe nhi lata to abhi tum bhi wahi hoti .Yaha iss luxurious life ko nhi enjoy kar rahi."he holds her arms and drags her to her room and made her stand in front of her wardrobe.He angrily opened the wardrobe.
"ye jo tumhare designer kapde jise ek baar pehnne ke baad dubara nhi pehna.ye jo footwear se bhare hue tumhare jo racks hai.ye tumhare toys ye sare ,tumhare aage pichhe jo naukaro ki fauj chalti hai ye tum sapne me bhi nhi soch sakti thi.Naukrani ki status  nhi thi tumhari aur yaha Rajkumari ki tarah rah rahi ho .Inn sare EHSAANO KI KIMAT BHI NHI CHUKA SKATE HAI"
Flashback ends.

She doesn't remember till when she cried lying on her bed where no one is to console her.She was living in a lie from years considering him as her father and again she started leaving in fake life believing Ray as a Nakabposh.Neither he was her father nor Ray is Nakabposh.
Her chain of thought is broken by Ray who again asked for a chance to explain.She looks around and noticed that everyone is looking at them.

Ananya-"fine.Class ke baad we will meet in canteen."

After the class as she promised, they meet in the canteen.
Ananya(coldly)-"tell me . kya explain karna hai tumhe?"
Ray-"Maine tumse jhoot bola per sirf isliye kyuki I like you.Tum to college ki dream girl ho and I am not exception.Baki ladko ki tarah I also wanted to talk to you can't due to fear.And uss din jab tumhe maine  kisi nakabposh se baat karte hue dekha to I thought to introduce myself as Nakabposh.I really think to tell you the truth but I can't as I was afraid to lose you.

Ananya-"Afraid to lose me.Khoya use jata hai Ray jo aapka ho.I was never yours and will never be.Mere feelings Nakabposh ke liye thi tumhare liye nhi .So it's better ki tum apne dimag se iss khayal ko bhi nikal do.As you say tum Nakaposh nhi ho then who are you?Aur tumhare pass superpower kaise hai"

"Wo... superpowers..wo ... by birh hai..you know innate qualities"he said stammering.

Ananya-"Aur tumhari family.tumhare parents?"
As she asked this question his facial expressions changes into  pain and then in anger.
Ray-"I was child when mere parents ka death ho gaya .After that  mere Dad ke Best  friend ne mere liye guardian  ka role nibhaya and now he is everything for me.And only he is my family.
She knows that he is not telling lie this time as his face is clearly reflecting his pain
Ananya-"I am sorry .I don't know that.

He looks aside not saying anything .
Ananya-"We can be friends but just friends and nothing more.
Ray(smiling)-"ya sure.Friends.
Ananya-"Apne uncle se nhi milwaoge tum"
Ray (smiling)-"Sure ( thinking something) Actually Ananya wo thore reserve type hai and don't prefer to meet anyone.So I think...

Ananya-"It' ok.Now I have to leave.Bye."
Ray-"Bye"
Ananya leaves from there while Ray keeps looking at her.
Ray(in mind)-"till when you will be my friend Ananya.Ek din you will fall for my charm.

Ananya looks at her watch and at Dev's classroom .She can see that professor is still in classroom .She quickly turn around but collides with Dev and is going to fall but he holds her hand.
Dev-"itni jaldi me kaha?"
Ananya-"tumhare pass hi aa rhi thi"
Dev-"per meri class ke opposite direction me?"
Ananya-"Ha to? lectures ke bich me jati kya tumse milne .And by the way tum kaha se aa raho ho?
Dev-" washroom gya tha?(looking towards class)-"ye lo tumse baat karne ke chaakar me lecture bhi khatam ho gaya.professor abhi gaye class se.Ab btao kyu milna tha tumhe?"

Ananya-"Ray ke bare me baat karni thi.per ab ghar per karenge aaram se."

Dev-"thik hai to chalte hai ghar.Vivan bhi school se aa gaya hoga"

Ananya-"tumhare to ek lecture aur the na?"
Dev-"wo cancel ho gaya.

Ananya-"per mere lecture to hai na.
Dev-"thik hai to phir mai nikalta hu"
Ananya(puppy eyes)-"tum mujhe chhor kar chale jaoge.🥺🥺🥺

Dev-"Tumhe Amazon ke jungle me chhor kar nhi ja raha jo aise drame kar rhi ho .
Ananya-"ok fine apna phone de kar jao.Mere phone me battery nhi hai"
Dev-"Ok "
He gives her phone to her and leave from there .Ananya looked at him disappointed and is going to keep phone in her pocket when it beeps with message of Niyati.She looks at the message and then at the Dev who is sitting in a  rickshaw

At home.

As soon as he reached home, he becomes shocked to see a unwanted guest waiting for him with his both mother , Diwali ji and Padmini ji.

Dev-"Hi Niyati"
Niyati-"Hi DJ
She said while standing up to come near him.
Dev-"Sit please.Tum achanak yaha kaise?Aur address kaise mila tumhe"

Niyati-"tumne hi to diya tha ."
Dev-"Maine?
Niyati -"ya you text me na"
Dev-Oh.
Niyati-"Come sit.
She said signalling space beside her .Dev having no other option sit there.
"Manav ,Mehar?"asked Dev hoping that Manav or Mehar will come to talk to her and to save him.

"wo dono abhi college me hi hai"Said Smita looking at her Son's face which clearly reflect irritation.At the same time Niyati's phone beep with message

Niyati-"You know these boys .Kitna pichhe pade rahte hai.Beautiful hona bhi na ek badi problem hai.hai na DJ"
She asked coming close to him while he shifted away from him.Dev looks at her with fake smile not knowing what to say.

Diwali ji-"to chehra dho kar dikha dena tha na unhe.Make up utrega na to Unki galatfahmi dur ho jaayegi ha"
Everyone supress their laughter hearing her while she looks at her fuming.
Baal pari-"Diwali ji mazak kar rhi hai."
Diwali-"nhi.ye khubsurati bhi koi khubsurati hai.Khubsurati to humari Ananya ki hai.Bina Make up ke bhi chehra kaise chamakta hai na.Aur agar make up kare to kya baat hai.

Niyati(rudely)-"Aisa aapko lagta hoga Aunty ki aapki beti sabse khubsurat hai"
Dewali ji-"Beti nhi hai wo meri.Beti to wo Devaki ji ki hai. humare padosh me hi rehti hai

Niyati-"Whatever"
After that she starts blabbering about how rich she is? How she spent her money on her friends? etc etc.
And with each line she starts coming closer to Dev while Dev keeps shifting away from her.And at last He was sitting on the edge of the couch and she again shifts toward her and at the same time Ananya comes there but she stopped at the entrance looking both of them close to each other and no one noticed her

So How was the chapter?
What will be Ananya's reaction now?