Chapter 7: Changing Jobs

Zhuang Qing didn't return home; he got Chu Yu to drive directly to the Bureau.

Upon hearing that their boss was returning, the bureau's people put away the tables and shifted the stools. The disorderly documents fluttered in the air, very quickly becoming neat and tidy. The workers who were sprawled over their tables all sat up straight as if they were soldiers waiting for an inspection by a senior official.

Tap tap tap.

As the sound of footsteps grew louder and louder, the expressions on everyone's faces became more and more serious. The moment Zhuang Qing appeared, everyone called out 'Hello, Captain' in unison.

Zhuang Qing's gaze swept across everyone. Only a while later did he open his mouth lazily. "All of you know how to be scared now?"

Everyone lowered their heads in shame. Quite a few people had died this time in the chaos caused by the evil yao. Ultimately, it was their fault for not having cultivated well enough. The nation was vast and there was a great number of people, but that didn't mean they could be treated as rations for yao.

Chu Yu thought about the girl whose heart had been eaten and how she had only been twenty over years old. After that girl's mishap, her family members had nearly fainted from crying. Thinking of this, Chu Yu felt exceedingly distressed.

"I'll go see this ancient yao," Compared to when he was scolding people, Zhuang Qing was even scarier when he showed no emotion. There was not a single person in the management teams who breathed loudly. Hearing that Zhuang Qing was going to interrogate the Zhuyan, Old Huang hurriedly revealed a fawning smile and walked in front, leading the way.

There was a spirit lock formation in the basement of the bureau that was specially meant for imprisoning cultivators who had broken the law. This formation was drawn using Zhuang Qing's blood and talismans that suppressed yao qi were also placed at all four corners. Yao who had poor cultivation would feel discomfort all over even if they entered this place, much less enter the spirit lock formation.

The Zhuyan had been locked in this place for quite a few days, but his arrogant attitude hadn't diminished. Seeing people enter, he proceeded to mock, "Incompetent humans and yao."

Zhuang Qing took off his blazer that was suffused with the scent of the elite and handed it to Chu Yu, who was behind him. "Hold it properly, don't let blood get onto it."

Chu Yu was very obedient. Carrying the blazer, he took multiple steps back. Fortunately, a barrier had been set up in front, thereby guaranteeing that no dirt would land on this branded suit.

"Zhuyan," Zhuang Qing stepped into the spirit lock formation, looking at the Zhuyan who couldn't maintain his human form nor move a single finger. "Ancient yao."

"Even the dragon clan's younger generation dares to show off their claws in front of this king," The Zhuyan glanced at him from the corner of his eyes, contempt emanating from him. "All you ignorant young ones have truly caused the might of my yao clan to degenerate."

Zhuang Qing turned a deaf ear to his nonsense and stretched out a hand, tugging on the yao-beating whip. The whip fell off the Zhuyan's body. Seeing that the thing binding him had been released, the Zhuyan's body morphed into a ray of light, about to fly out of the spirit lock formation. The Zhuyan had always been very confident in his speed. During those years when ancient yao were as numerous as dogs, he had relied on his exceptional escape ability to survive to this day.

Yet, he miscalculated. Just as he was about to fly out of the door, golden light flashed past, locking him heavily back into the spirit lock formation as if his entire body had been struck by a thunderbolt.