Chapter 108: Selling Out a Teammate

The aggressive way in which this man made his appearance drew all eyes to him.

Nephew?

Everyone glanced at Zhuang Qing, and then glanced at this man whose cultivation was a profound mystery. They felt that there was something strange about this. Many people in the cultivation world knew that Chief Zhuang possessed the blood of the dragon race but was not close to them. Throughout these years, Chief Zhuang had always doled out the appropriate punishment and put whoever needed to be put in their place whenever the dragon clan committed a wrong. He never shielded them or covered up their errors. The dragon clan didn't have dealings with Zhuang Qing either, so how could they have given Zhuang Qing anything?

The several yao creating trouble grew scared inwardly, but forcibly kept up their imposing manner. "Both the briber and bribee are at fault. You claim to be Chief Zhuang's uncle, but who knows if that's true or false? Maybe you just want to exploit it to shirk guilt."

"And what are you?" With a raise of the man's brows, a light shiver ran through the mouse yao who was speaking. It was a type of fear that pierced into the innermost depths of the heart. His legs trembled, and he couldn't voice even a single word of refute.

The man scoffed upon seeing how terrified he was. "I am Fu Li's uncle, Feng Ruizhong. I've been apart from Little Li for many years and was very happy to meet once again, so I gave my junior a bit of pocket money."

Fu Li raised his head, silently meeting Feng Ruizhong's gaze.

"So you're Fu daoyou's elder," The Yao Union's employee immediately responded. "Since this matter was a misunderstanding, our Yao Union won't involve ourselves any longer." This employee had nearly three thousand years' worth of cultivation, yet he couldn't make out Feng Ruizhong's true form. In fact, he couldn't even sense the slightest bit of qi. Secretly guessing that the other party was a great yao who had just left his mountain, he dared not offend him in the slightest and thus got up, bowing deeply.

"En," Feng Ruizhong nodded and accepted this deep bow with a calm expression.

Everyone else was inwardly astonished. This Yao Union employee was considered an individual of virtue and prestige in the cultivation world and had never been seen bowing so deeply to anyone. What exactly were this man's origins?

"Ai," Chao Yun spoke to Chu Yu softly. "What are the origins of this yao cultivator professing to be Fu ge's elder?"

Chu Yu shook his head with a heavy look. "I don't know."

"Even you don't know?" Chao Yun was shocked. Chu Yu was particularly sensitive in this respect, yet there was a yao whom he actually couldn't see through?

Chu Yu smiled bitterly. Lowering his voice, he said, "I'm not a Yao-Revealing Mirror who can see through anything. At that time, I only vaguely sensed faint yao qi from Fu ge, but couldn't make out his original form." That being said, this Feng Ruizhong was even more impressive. There wasn't any yao qi on him at all. If not for the fact that he was standing here and claiming to be Fu ge's elder, everybody might have just assumed that he was human.

It was indeed impressive to render someone frightened, but getting them to drop all pretenses was the scariest.

The mouse yao's voice shook. "A-Are you Fu daoyou's elder just because you say you are? Where's your evidence?"

Feng Ruizhong furrowed his brows. Slamming a hand on the mouse yao's head, he drew out a wisp of black gas from his mind. The gas twisted here and there on his hand, wanting to escape one moment and wanting to penetrate into his palm the next but to no avail.

"I always say mice don't have such big guts, someone actually set a restriction on you," With a squeeze of his hand, the gas immediately dissipated.