Chapter 25: Peace Branch

Seeing that it was Fu Li who had opened the door, Zhang Ke put his all into signaling him with his eyes, so as to prevent him from entering at this moment. Benefactor Fu Li had not only saved his life but had even given him the yao-beating whip; he should not be dragged into this complicated and messy fight when the current situation was of mutual hostility.

However, Fu Li didn't seem to have understood why the corner of his eyes was twitching. He directly pushed open the door and walked in. On top of that, he ignored the several azure dragons who were continuously emanating Dragon Might and spoke to Zhang Ke, "I came to retrieve my application form."

"Wh-What application form?" The moment Zhang Ke opened his mouth, he felt the gazes of every living creature in the room landing on him.

"Your bureau's recruitment application form," Fu Li wanted to get closer to the office table. Seeing that an old dragon was blocking his way, he said, "Grandpa, shift a little to the side, you're blocking my way." Chu Yu, who had followed Fu Li in, shrank his neck back and did his best to conceal himself behind Xu Yuan. In a soft voice, he said, "Benefactor, come over here."

Although he didn't know how high his benefactor's cultivation was, it wouldn't be at all wise to take on four dragons with one of him.

Qing Yuan looked up and silently glanced at Fu Li without moving. Fu Li looked at him with a lowered head as he waited for Qing Yuan to shift his chair.

Qing Yuan didn't move. Neither did Fu Li. Their eyes met – it was a silent confrontation.

All of a sudden, Zhuang Qing extended an arm from his position at the side. With exceptional speed, he pulled Fu Li behind him. The palm of his other hand stretched out, receiving the Northern Icy Palm that Qing Yuan had suddenly attacked them with. Faint blue light radiated from the ice at the point at which their palms met.

Sh*t!

Zhang Ke nearly broke out into cold sweat from the fright. The azure dragon clan was also too treacherous in the way they made a move the instant there was a disagreement. There was practically no leeway for others to defend.

"Elder Qing Yuan's habit hasn't changed even after many years," Zhuang Qing stood protectively in front of Fu Li, not yielding the slightest bit. "It's admirable."

"I was educating the rude younger generation on some of the rules, yet you want to protect him?" Seeing that his strike hadn't hit the mark, Qing Yuan withdrew his hand. "Your management bureau really doesn't have any capable people, even recruiting this sort of little yao to be protected. It looks like you haven't had it easy after leaving our dragon clan."

F*ck, this shot was a little too big. Zhang Ke cursed darkly in his heart and turned to look at Chu Yu, Lin Gui, and the aquatic yao cultivators. Their expressions didn't seem particularly great either.

"No matter whether they are human or yao, as long as they live on this earth, I will protect them," Zhuang Qing looked at the few azure dragons who displayed casual stances, but in fact was on guard. "I never belonged to the dragon clan, so there is no need to say things like 'leaving the dragon clan'. The dragon clan's lineage is an honorable one. I, Zhuang Qing, will not claim to have such connections."

Fu Li revealed a slightly sympathetic look from where he was standing behind Zhuang Qing, very tightly protected. It appeared that this mixed-blood dragon had not only been bullied by his fellow clanmates in his early years but had also been bullied quite severely.

"How can Dragon Lord Zhuang Qing say such a thing? Your bloodline may not be pure, but you are still considered a part of our dragon race," Qing Yan smiled. "According to reason, you are the only descendant of the golden dragon clan. I shouldn't be saying so much, but you are now the only remaining member of the golden dragon clan. I'm from the same generation as you, and the only thing I have more than you is an extra thousand years of age. As a result, I can only educate you on seniority in the dragon race on behalf of the elders of the golden dragon clan."