Chapter 62: Dragon, Dragon, Dragon

Fu Li took a look at the public workspace. Sure enough, his colleagues were all specially dressed in splendid attire. Zhang Ke and Wei Cang had taken leave today to return to their sect in advance and help with internal sect matters.

"Fu ge is very handsome in these clothes." Chu Yu shot a glance at Zhuang Qing, who was standing outside, before adding, "Worthy of the boss having accompanied you to choose clothes, good taste."

Fu Li stroked the fabric of the suit and beamed, nodding. "En."

Chu Yu glanced out again. The boss had already returned to his office. He heaved a long sigh of relief, looking at Fu Li's clothes with a lowered head. He wanted to say more, but then felt that he shouldn't say too much and thus swallowed the words.

Qing Xiao Sect's monastery was built on the peak of a mountain. The mountain was shrouded in clouds and mist all year round, so there was an additional barrier on the outside. Therefore, it was impossible for ordinary people to discover the ancient, scholarly-looking building at the summit of the mountain.

Once in a while, invading enemies would break the barrier, allowing ordinary people to discover the building at the top of the mountain. The relevant departments would then all use the extremely scientific phenomenon 'illusion' to explain this. Having undergone so many years of scientific education, everyone's first action upon witnessing such a thing was to take pictures and stare at this marvel. There really hadn't been more than a few people who felt that it was the dwelling of cultivators or immortals.

From time to time, there would be a few people who had such a thought, but others would tell them that it was an illusion, and that supernatural entities and whatnot didn't exist in the world, thereby changing their thinking.

It was still those words – 'maintain a scientific outlook on development, persevere in the way of science'.

Since it was the birthday banquet of the sect leader of the Qing Xiao Sect, a major sect in the cultivation world, all the high-ranking human and yao cultivators in the cultivation world would offer their congratulations as well as a gift. Even the azure dragon clan, who hadn't dared to leave their palace of late, had sent an envoy to deliver a present.

All the guests gathered in the main hall. Regardless of whether one was a human or yao cultivator, if they could be seated here, then they were all well-known figures in the cultivation world. Thus, nobody dared to say anything they shouldn't in this setting. The dragon race's numbers had been low the past few years, but apart from the golden dragon clan and the azure dragon clan, the rest had personally dispatched their clansmen over.

The azure dragon clan hadn't dared to come out of fear that they would encounter Fu Li or the Kunpeng and be given a fierce beating in front of the numerous guests. If that were to happen, their azure dragon clan would have no face left. Hence, they simply prepared generous gifts and didn't show their faces. As for the golden dragon clan... the entire cultivation world knew that the golden dragon clan had already died out. The only golden dragon remaining was half-dragon and half-human, and had never been fond of attending the various events.

Some cultivators realized that the birthday banquet had been done up particularly grandly, even more so than the birthday banquet held when Zhao Xiu turned a hundred years old. The tea, fruits, and pastries were top-rate products purchased from the Fields Sect. The water used for tea was also natural spring water containing zero tap water.

The hearts of the other sect leaders ached. The Qing Xiao Sect had become increasingly prosperous the past few years – their disciples were talented at cultivation and they had also been rather successful in the arena of pill concoction and tool refining. Their Qing Xiao Sect occupied one-third of the market for medicinal pills in the entire cultivation world while the remaining two-thirds were virtually all taken up by the pill-concocting sects.