Chapter 133: He's Back

In Fu Li's eyes, the hatred-filled world was black and red, containing an unbearable repulsiveness that tainted virtually all aspects of it. His people – countless yao clans – were struggling in this repulsiveness. Just like ants washed away by a flood, they drifted along the currents of fate, only for their corpses to eventually rest at the bottom of the sea.

"Fu Li!"

"Fu Li!"

Fu Li retracted the foot that had stepped into the heart of the formation, turning to look at the man sprinting towards him. In this red and black world, this man actually gave off a golden glow. The light was not striking in the overwhelming black and red, but it gripped all of Fu Li's attention. He raised a hand, looking at his fair palm, and then spread out his five fingers. With just a smidgen of force, this little dragon that radiated golden light would vanish before him.

But for some reason unknown to him, his body seemed to have lost its usual awareness. His meridians were in chaos, and his mind violently resisted the order.

Furrowing his brows, he placed the hand behind his back, allowing the man that morphed from dragon to grab the other hand. His body possessed a powerful ability to corrode. The instant the man came into contact with him, he smelled the scent of burning flesh. What stupefied him was that even then, the man still didn't let go.

His brows furrowed even further, and he subconsciously controlled his innate ability, withdrawing his innate corrosion. "What do you want?"

"Fu Li, you said you wanted to go to university and become a civil servant. And... you promised the past me that you would take a good look at this world on my behalf. Have you forgotten all of that?" Zhuang Qing felt Fu Li withdrawing his corrosion ability and joy reverberated in his heart. Even under the influence of the summoning formation, Fu Li still couldn't bear to hurt him.

"Civil servant?" There was a clear understanding of civil servants in Fu Li's mind. He sneered, "It's nothing more than the job of lowly humans, why would I want to become one?" He kicked Zhuang Qing aside, towering over him. "Little dragon, retreat to one side, otherwise I'll kill you."

"If I had to let you walk into this formation, I'd rather let you kill me," Zhuang Qing stretched out a hand, and the sword he had tossed to a corner flew into his grip. "Fu Li, you told me humans are very interesting, and that they had strong creativity and many interesting personalities. Did you forget all that too?"

"But humans also have many hateful characteristics – greed, selfishness, jealousy..." Fu Li laughed bitterly. "The water was polluted by them, the trees were cut down by them, and even the sea that is home to you aquatic races have been sullied by all sorts of secretions. Wouldn't it be better for such disgusting creatures to vanish from this world?"

The thundering clouds in the skies roiled. The entire sky was illuminated from the glow of lightning, but when lightning disappeared, the sky was only an expanse of black, just like an enormous black hole that would never see sunlight, moonlight, or starlight.

Zhuang Qing looked up at the sky. That area was especially still, so still that it made him uneasy. What was brewing there? Was it tribulation clouds of unrivaled strength? Or heavenly law's dissatisfaction towards a certain race?

"You draw your sword because you want to kill me?" Fu Li's laughter was filled with ridicule for Zhuang Qing. He was laughing at Zhuang Qing's wild imagination and also mocking the gutlessness of the other yao cultivators.

He raised his chin. His loathing for the yao cultivators present was palpable in every motion and gaze.

"Baize, Kunpeng, Yazi, Gong Fu..." He glanced from the corner of his eyes at the other yao cultivators from the management bureau, too lazy to even call out their names. "Are you afraid of me? Or deep down in your heart, are you also looking forward to me destroying this human world so that my yao race can recover its glory?"