Chapter 135: Extra: Invitation Card

When the elder of the Fields Sect walked into the sect leader's yard, he found the sect leader staring at an invitation card with a complex, confused expression.

Seeing him enter, the sect leader placed the invitation card on the table. "You received it too?"

The elder had a profound expression. Fishing out an invitation card, he placed it in front of the sect leader. "Sect leader, are we going?"

Two years ago during spring, a strange phenomenon occurred at Hunxi Mountain. When the major sects rushed over, they just happened to see Fu Li daoyou dispersing his cultivation and suppressing the formation with his body before eventually vanishing in the heart of the formation.

Countless specks of light had flown out from the formation, resembling fireflies in the summer night. It was a beautiful sight. In the dark night, they became the sparks that ignited the flame of hope.

They gazed at these fireflies in a daze, momentarily speechless. A disciple with a relatively livelier personality stared foolishly for a long time before muttering, "What are they?"

"They're souls, most likely..." The elder of the Fields Sect looked down at the ground. "Most likely the souls of the yao cultivators used to activate the formation. They've been released."

He didn't tell the junior that the souls trapped in the formation should have been swallowed by the magic of the formation, vanishing without a trace, and not enter the reincarnation cycle after the formation was stopped.

He couldn't fathom how Fu Li had accomplished it, nor was he willing to think too hard about it. Someone who had lived till his age no longer had much curiosity.

"Sect leader, Fu Li daoyou..."

He shook his head silently. Everything had a cause and effect; for many things, a price had to be paid. Fu Li daoyou...

Used his body to repel the yao, resulting in the death of his physical body and the dissipation of his Dao.

The abnormal phenomenon at Hunxi Mountain was clearly resolved, yet they couldn't muster any happiness.

Chief Zhuang was soaked in blood, his expression vacant.

Fu daoyou's few elders were also standing there dazedly. Their gaze was one which the cultivators were extremely familiar with – it was that of an elder who had lost their child all of a sudden and forgotten how to even cry.

That night, the sect leader of the Fields Sect stood at Hunxi Mountain for an entire night. Only when the morning sun rose and the world was once again bathed in light did he move his somewhat stiff legs and turn to look at Chief Zhuang, who was kneeling on the ground motionlessly.

As he looked at Zhuang Qing's back, he suddenly felt that despite Zhuang Qing still being alive, there was not a trace of spirit in him, as if he had already died.

In that instant, he even felt like Zhuang Qing would leave with Fu Li daoyou. But just when this thought surfaced in his mind, Zhuang Qing's phone alarm rang.

"Zhuang little dragon is the most handsome, Zhuang little dragon is the most obedient. Get up early, Fu ge will give you a kiss."

There was a hint of teasing and glee in this merry voice. But at this time, this joy couldn't be more ill-timed.

Then, he saw Zhuang Qing, the habitually silent Dragon Emperor who never revealed any emotions in front of others, hug his phone and cry himself hoarse as he knelt on the ground.

He had no way of describing just how sorrowful this crying was. He merely felt that the mountains and drives had dulled, the mountain wind was but a whistle, and his heart was excruciatingly cold.