Chapter 122: Jealousy

"When yao get increasingly close to humans, they will be assimilated by them. They become jealous, greedy, and resentful. At this point, their person continues to be riddled with weak points, even if they possess supreme yao power."

"King, as long as you obtain the inheritance of the divine dragon..."

The enormous silhouette in the shadows shook. "I am the only one in the world capable of obtaining Father's inheritance. Father and the divine Feng were on good terms those years; his inheritance must be in the hands of the divine Feng."

"No one can rob me of it," The ugly and gigantic strange beast opened its dark yellow eyes, a strange green in the depths of its pupils.

"Only I."

"The yao world is too peaceful."

"The true nature of a yao lies in massacre and hot-bloodedness. That lowly half-yao trash has ruined the yao world."

"This king will lead the yao world towards the great, supreme Dao."

Affinity Moon Hotel was one of the capital's famous hotels. Celebrities often stayed at the hotel and important conferences were also frequently held there. After the end of the year, several major conferences were also held one after another. On the twelfth of the first lunar month, a very important national conference for authors was held at the Affinity Moon Hotel.

With one step through the hotel's large doors, Ma Ha discovered that Affinity Moon Hotel had incredibly special feng shui. Any random display piece would happen to be located at the most suitable spot; not the slightest corner had been cut. It was unknown which expert had helped the hotel out in this aspect.

Taking out his invitation letter, he obtained his room card from the staff without a hitch and entered the elevator, bumping into a few authors who had similarly rushed over as well. Ma Ha had quite the reputation in the creative world, but no one had thought that he would be a simple and honest looking middle-aged man and not an elderly man like what everyone had imagined. But Ma Ha was not very fond of talking, and so everyone gradually paid no heed to him.

The organizer arranged for a welcome dinner in the hotel at night. Ma Ha sat at a corner, picking from the dishes on the table he was partial to as he watched authors familiar with one another exchange toasts.

Shortly after, an author over the age of fifty plopped down on a chair with his back against it. He slumped over the table. Someone at the side called out to him a few times before happily stating that he was drunk and whatnot.

Looking at the chair behind the drunk author's chair, Ma Ha put down his chopsticks and spoke a few words to the person-in-charge before getting up in preparation to leave. Unexpectedly, he had just reached the door when the author slumped over the table sat up all of a sudden and looked at him dazedly.

At a loss, Ma Ha walked over to him. "Are you unwell? Do you want me to call a doctor over?"

The author pushed his hand away, picked up his wine cup, and then staggered towards the others. Despite being treated so discourteously, Ma Ha wasn't angered. Turning, he left the restaurant with large strides.

He touched his coat. He had left his phone and room card in the room. Everything about him was good, except for his memory. That was something that he couldn't change no matter what.

Without the room card, Ma Ha couldn't use the elevator. Glancing at the empty corridor, he ducked into the men's toilet and quietly recited a chant.

"En?!" Wang Han, who was reading the hotel's financial report in his office, suddenly stopped all motion and stared at the hourglass on his desk. The blue rays of light that flickered in the hourglass made for a beautiful sight.