Chapter 83: Fortunately

This child was really handsome.

Zhu Yue shifted her line of sight and told Fu Li, "I'll tidy up the kitchen. After you and your friend pack up, you can return."

The corners of Fu Li's lips moved, but he didn't utter any words of protest.

The golden dragon palace's meal room was very clean, and there were even some ingredients arranged on the shelves. At a corner lay broken fragments of a jade bowl. Two thousand years had gone by, but no one had tidied it up. With a wave of Zhu Yue's sleeves, the shattered jade bowl lay in the wastebasket.

Zhu Yue circled the meal room once and discovered many strange spots. From the way the golden dragon palace looked, it didn't seem to have gradually declined. Rather, it was more like the dragons that had inhabited this place had suddenly sustained serious damage, which was why the entire palace had still been preserved in its most resplendent state.

"Auntie Zhu Yue," Zhuang Qing stood at the door, his expression calm as he looked at Zhu Yue. "Is this palace to your satisfaction?"

"Your injuries have just healed, why did you come here?" Zhu Yue wore a smile when she turned to look at Zhuang Qing. "It's worthy of being the place the golden dragon clan lived in, it really is beautiful."

"If auntie doesn't mind, why not live here temporarily?" Zhuang Qing examined Zhu Yue's expression. "What does auntie think about that?"

"As an elder, I won't go so far as to take advantage of you juniors. I appreciate your kind intentions," Zhu Yue kept the medicinal ingredients she had placed in the kitchen in passing.

"Since that is the case, as a elder, why does auntie lie to Fu Li?"

Zhu Yue looked at Zhuang Qing, flabbergasted. Faced with the other party's expressionless face, she recalled the Blue Dragon, the auspicious beast that had yet to fade away. The Blue Dragon had guarded the East at that time and was worshipped by countless people. These people had frequently made totems with the likeness of the Blue Dragon and would also make offerings to the Blue Dragon every year.

Later on, following the reduction in the number of times the Blue Dragon appeared in the human world, it was gradually passed down by the humans that the Azure Dragon, White Tiger, Black Tortoise, and Vermilion Bird were the divine beasts that guarded the world's four directions. The term 'Blue Dragon' was also forgotten by the humans, to the extent that the few dragons currently living in the azure dragon palace had the shame to call themselves the descendants of the divine beast Azure Dragon.

"What do you mean by that?" The smile on Zhu Yue's face faded. Her long, shapely brows puckered up.

"In Fu Li's heart, all of you are his most respected and closest elders. He will believe anything you say," Zhuang Qing stepped over the doorstep and came to a stop five steps away from Zhu Yue. "But did you really not lie to him?"

Zhu Yue could tell that this golden dragon wasn't the impulsive type. Given the other party's personality and the fact that she extended him a lifesaving grace, he shouldn't have done something like running to the meal room and questioning her. The other party's penetrating gaze made Zhu Yue slightly uneasy. She shifted her gaze.

"You're too young. Not knowing about certain things is better than knowing about them."

"Fu Li is not a child, he has the right to choose to know the truth," Zhuang Qing thought about Fu Li's dim-witted nature when he first came into contact with the human world, and for no reason at all felt wronged for him. "You gave him the purest of living environments, but made him accept separating from you without any prior indication. Have you not thought about what would happen to him if he didn't hide in a cave and sleep for two thousand years, but instead ran into a vicious human?"