Chapter 67: Water-Evading Beast

"Do you feel like the boss is in an especially good mood today?"

Chao Yun bit into a Zhuyu fruit. "I heard the boss had an unpleasant disagreement with the dragon clans yesterday night. Many people saw it?"

Everyone looked at Zhang Ke in curiosity. As the party that hosted yesterday night's birthday banquet, Zhang Ke ought to be the person most in the know.

Zhang Ke grumbled internally. Seeing everyone's eyes on him, he could only answer, "My sect's elder didn't know that the boss isn't on good terms with the dragon clans and arranged for them to sit together out of kindness."

Sss.

There was a collective sucking in of breath. He had probably already given Sect Leader Zhao plenty of face by not fighting them on the spot.

"I was helping to welcome the guests at that time, so I'm not too clear on the details, but I heard news from other guests yesterday night that the boss fought with the white Dragon Lord in the sky." Zhang Ke added, "The white Dragon Lord was completely trounced, without even the strength to fight back."

His little bit of strength wasn't enough for him to win whether it was in combat or cursing, yet he deliberately went to provoke Zhuang Qing. Wasn't he just picking a quarrel?

"He's in a good mood even after fighting with someone else?" Chao Yun was so astonished that she even stopped eating the Zhuyu fruit. "This isn't scientific."

"What is science at this place?" Xu Yuan pointed at an official business webpage on the computer. "The boss even personally wrote violation tickets last night – one for him, and one for the white Dragon Lord."

"He probably... turned foolish from anger?" Chao Yun straightened the cheongsam she was wearing. With a beautiful posture, she said, "For the boss to want to beat up the white dragon even if he had to give himself a violation ticket, he must have been quite angry."

"That's not right, isn't it because the boss and Fu ge were wearing a couple outfit?" The honest and pure Wei Cang who still didn't understand office culture asked in confusion. "Love puts one in a good mood – isn't this the logic?"

"What love? Whose breeding season is it?" Fu Li had gone to Zhuang Qing's office, and happened to hear Wei Cang's words when he came back. Out of respect for his colleagues' privacy, Fu Li rarely used his cultivation to specially listen in on what others in the office were saying. Thus, he hadn't heard Wei Cang's earlier words.

"I was saying the boss and..."

Zhang Ke reached out and pulled his junior disciple back, smiling cooperatively. "We were saying that Wei Cang's breed of tiger is about to go extinct and that it isn't easy to find a suitable partner."

"That's indeed difficult," Fu Li nodded. "When there's time, everyone can go search around in the forests, just in case there's someone suitable."

"Fu ge is right, I'll accompany him in the search when I have time," Zhang Ke nodded seriously. "I definitely won't let him live as a bachelor."

Wei Cang: ...

Seeing that Fu Li really hadn't heard Wei Cang's words, everyone heaved a sigh of relief. If what was originally a few teasing words spoken in private ended up overheard by the person involved, then that would be too awkward.

"Zhang Ke, our sect was really shown a lot of face to have even managed to invite the Kongyou," Chu Yu was scrolling through the cultivators' forum on his computer. "It's rare for the noble and virtuous Lord Kongyou to be willing to show his art for Sect Leader Zhao."

"Stop bringing it up. There was a drunk guest yesterday night who kept making a fuss about their beauty. The other disciples and I were so busy that our feet practically didn't touch the ground, how did we have the time to look at the performances?" Zhang Ke yawned. "If I didn't have to work today, I would love to sleep till noon before waking up."