Chapter 87: Habit

"Are you f*cking crazy?" The crested ibis furrowed its brows. "Do you know how long the jail sentence is for eating a national endangered animal?"

The suited man sneered after hearing these words. "I've heard for a long time that your country's yao cultivators are protected very well, but I didn't expect them to be this childish. Since I dare to eat you, would I still be afraid of some wild animal protection law?"

"You're a foreign yao?" Alarm rang in the crested ibis' heart. He retreated a few steps towards the river.

The suited man evidently knew the reality of 'villains dying by talkativeness'. He completely ignored the crested ibis' words and suddenly spread out both arms, pouncing at the crested ibis like he was hunting. The bloodthirsty aura on him triggered the crested ibis' memories of a frightening experience when he hadn't yet taken on human form – a male eagle had nearly clawed him to death that year. Although he evaded the suited man's attack in a panic, his complexion was very pale.

"I heard the crested ibis is accorded a lot of importance in your country. The fresh blood of a bird with high human regard and faith must be very tasty," The suited man was not infuriated by the crested ibis' dodge either. On the contrary, he took off his suit blazer. "Quick-witted prey can whet the appetite."

The crested ibis thought of the two yao cultivators who had been drained of blood. They might not have had high cultivation, but one of them was a flower yao whose actual form was a Dutchman's Pipe while the other was a half-human and half-fish, mixed-blood yao who seemed to have the lineage of a koi.

Humans were very odd creatures. Though deep down, they no longer believed in the supernatural, they still believed that seeing a Dutchman's Pipe blossom would bring them luck and that wealth would definitely stream in if they raised koi at home.

Their low cultivation was one of the reasons why this foreign yao had eaten them, but the special meaning behind their original forms was probably the greater reason.

"What are you doing here?" Two firmly-muscled men wearing short-sleeved sports attire even in autumn ran over from the river dike. Noticing the hostile atmosphere between the crested ibis and the suited man, the gray-sleeved man used the sweatband around his neck to wipe his face. "This is a civilized city, fights are not allowed." He raised his sleeves, revealing his tattooed, sturdy arms in an attempt to scare the two people off.

"Two humans?" The suited man wrinkled his brows. His dark blue eyes swept across the sweat on the two muscled men and an expression of dislike appeared on his face. Sweaty middle-aged men whose skin was an ugly shade of dark from the sun was his most hated food. Their blood was foul.

"Scram, mind your own business," A red light flashed across the suited man's pupils.

"Hey, do you know where we're from?" The grey-sleeved man instantly became unhappy. Peeling off his shirt, he clenched his fists and shook his pectoral muscles, flaunting his offensive abilities. The other took the chance to fish out his phone and call the police.

"Stupid," The suited man made a grabbing motion and the two muscled men were dragged to him as if there was an invisible string around them.

"I hate being interrupted when I'm enjoying my meal," The suited man cast a disdainful glance at the two people before directing his gaze at the crested ibis. He stretched out an arm and very easily gripped the crested ibis by its neck.

"You eastern yao really are too incompetent. Eliminating all of you is even easier than suntanning," The suited man was handsome, but there was completely no elegance in the way his hands moved. The suited man grabbed the crested ibis by the hair, held down his shoulders, and prepared to snap his neck.