Chapter 129: Plague

Aquatic creatures of all varieties swam outside the golden dragon palace in the East Sea. Even several freshwater creatures who had cultivated into spirits could be sighted outside the golden dragon palace. Under all the yao's effort, the golden dragon palace that had been worn down by many years of disrepair once again became a dazzling sight to behold, brimming with majesty.

From time to time, yao cultivators would inquire whether the Dragon Emperor had reached and whether the Dragon Emperor would be bringing his Dao Companion.

When the main doors of the golden dragon palace opened, the former subjects of the golden dragon clan were standing at the main entrance and welcoming guests. The scene was lively but not raucous. The elders of the dragon clans were all seated in the main hall. The azure dragon clan who was usually extremely arrogant was particularly lowkey this time, something which the other clans weren't quite accustomed to.

The purple, red, and white clans at the side weren't much more high-profile than the azure dragon clan either. When the clan heads were selecting their seats, none of them had the nerve to pick the seat right in the center.

The blue dragon clan and black dragon clan had always been on good terms, so their seats were beside each other as well. The young juniors of these two clans couldn't help launching into discussion upon seeing the rare scene of the azure dragons' obedient behavior.

A blue dragon: "I'm still not very used to the azure dragon clan's well-behaved look."

A black dragon: "Do they have any other choice? Do you still remember the disaster the azure dragon clan stirred up two thousand years ago? I heard that quite a few relatives of Fu Li daojun, the Dragon Emperor's partner, were killed. Qing Yan even played dirty tricks on Fu Li daojun last year, provoking Fu Li daojun till he flew into a big rage and directly attacked them. The events that followed are unknown, but even heavenly lightning was triggered and Qing Yan was struck silly by it. For a good time, he didn't even have the nerve to show his face."

The blue dragon glanced behind the azure dragon clan at Qing Yan, who was clothed in a long, azure-colored robe and sitting on a wheelchair in silence. "He doesn't seem as high-spirited as in the past. But it's quite a surprise that the azure dragon clan was able to set aside their old grudges and extend aid with the azure dragon seal during the Dragon Emperor's transformation."

The black dragon quietened upon hearing these words. He watched as yao came and went, and countless fishes shuttled throughout the main hall. He said in a slightly downcast tone, "This is the dragon race's final chance at survival. The azure dragon clan can't afford to risk it, no one can." The azure dragon clan was naturally aware that Zhuang Qing disliked them. They, as well as the purple, red, and white clans who had once humiliated Zhuang Qing, faced Zhuang Qing with guilt in their hearts. But till this day, no one among the entire dragon race except for Zhuang Qing had cultivated the great Dao, much less stimulate such huge fluctuations during their transformations.

Though the yao cultivators of the dragon race were arrogant, they were not impulsive or brainless. Dignity and arrogance would have to make way for the continued reproduction and survival of their race.

Therefore, no matter how noble one's identity or how powerful one was, it was a good idea to ensure a route out for oneself. Behaving like the azure, purple, red, and white clans would be digging one's own grave, something which was too late for regret now. Fortunately, despite Zhuang Qing's cold personality, he wasn't a yao who would exploit public office to avenge personal wrongs. Otherwise, even if these four clans managed to hold on by their teeth, they wouldn't be able to lead peaceful everyday lives. At the moment, the entirety of their dragon race had no choice but to support Zhuang Qing. Even if they felt a bit vexed, they could only endure it.