Chapter 50: Heaven's Will

Roar. Fu Li's hind legs kicked out. With a shout, he leaped and landed on the head of the golden dragon. Underneath the moonlight, his tiny body emanated a dark red light. He looked down at the golden dragon beneath his feet. "How can I let a minor like you throw your life away at this juncture?"

"Fu Li!" Zhuang Qing's tail moved at will, attempting to hook Fu Li back. But as a rabbit that had cultivated till he gained intelligence, the speed at which Fu Li leaped was too quick, so quick that Zhuang Qing was unable to grab a hold of him.

In comparison to the gigantic cyclone, Fu Li's body seemed as small as dust. When he leaped into the sky, everyone was looking at the incomparably large cyclone in a daze. A feeling of powerless despair surged in their hearts.

Wei Cang transformed into a white tiger with slanted eyes. In one jump, he arrived at Zhuang Qing's side. The tiger lowered its body slightly, its posture indicating extreme vigilance.

The moment Fu Li charged into the cyclone, his body felt as if it was about to be torn apart. All his strength went into breaking past the cyclone's resistance. His front claws slapped against the ground and the dust and rocks on the ground rose up, forming a four-sided wall in an attempt to trap the cyclone.

Oujiang paid no heed to Fu Li's struggle with the cyclone. He changed into his human form, a huge pair of wings still on his back, and stopped in front of his green pythons. These two green pythons were pets he had raised for over ten thousand years. At the same time, they were also his attendants. Yet today, they were killed by an unknown little yao. Not only did his heart ache for his attendants, he was infuriated that the other party had caused him to lose face.

The two green snakes hanging by his ears opened their mouths and hissed, revealing mouths full of poisonous teeth.

Oujiang gently stroked their icy heads. As he looked at the cyclone he had created, he let out a sudden laugh. "It seems I haven't made an appearance for too many years, allowing these inferior creatures to forget my existence."

He raised his hand lightly. The cyclone broke through the walls surrounding it as if it was a living dragon and directly barreled towards the golden dragon at the side.

Roar! Fu Li flew into the sky and transformed into his human form. He flung a magic weapon at Oujiang.

Fu Li had heard from White Ape that Oujiang's elemental attribute was water. He feared fire the most, so he could only use a fire magic weapon against him. Even if it dealt him no harm, it could at least disrupt his actions.

Zhuang Qing and Wei Cang saw the cyclone sweeping towards them. Wei Cang's body expanded once more as he raced towards the cyclone with increasing speed, attempting to use his head to push against the cyclone's advance. On the other hand, Zhuang Qing directly hissed. Widening his mouth, he spat out countless drops of seawater. In the instant the seawater made contact with the cyclone, it turned into ice. Taking advantage of this opportunity, Zhuang Qing moved forward, winding his body around the cyclone to bind it.

"Thanks to the universal communications infrastructure, there's a signal even in the depths of the mountains," Zhang Ke fished out his phone and started getting in touch with the security department so that they could contact the local weather department. The weather department could then release a cyclone warning so that everyone would know to hide in their houses. They would have to let the health department know to prepare as much medicine as possible for treatment of plagues as well.

Li Xu was half-kneeling on the ground. Hearing Zhang Ke reporting the situation to the person-in-charge on the other end of the call, he took the Soul-Pulling Whip from his waist and told his bailiff underlings. "You guys stay here, I'll go take a look."