Chapter 11: Who Are You?

Zhou Chang was stumped by Fu Li's question. For a long time, he was speechless.

"The world is very big, and also very mysterious," There seemed to be countless secrets hidden in Fu Li's pitch-black eyes. Zhou Chang had parked the car by the roadside and was gazing into Fu Li's eyes. To him, it felt like he was gazing into the abyss.

"Certain things you assume don't exist are actually hidden by your side," Fu Li glanced behind Zhou Chang. "You will never know how many unseen things are hidden by your side."

Someone who looked very likable was saying such hair-raising things. Struck by an indescribable fear, Zhou Chang's neck shrank back. He seemed to feel a slight chill. "Handsome, can we have a proper conversation. I-I'm someone who believes in materialism."

"Materialism is good, it can promote the advancement of science, technology, and production capability," Fu Li shifted his line of sight and straightened his body. "Let's go."

"Go where?"

"Didn't you say you would send me home?"

"Oh," Zhou Chang nodded and obediently drove according to the roads Fu Li mentioned.

The area Fu Li lived at was very remote and didn't have a very good environment. On the way there, Zhou Chang's car was jolted from left to right. He couldn't help mocking, "Handsome, if you really have so much panacea, why don't you take it out and sell it for money? Why are you still living at this kind of lousy place?"

"I don't know who to sell it to," Fu Li cocked his head and looked at him. "I didn't take any money when I gave you the medicine."

Zhou Chang stared blankly for a short while but very quickly understood the meaning behind Fu Li's words. The medicine was given to him free of charge, and he hadn't forked out anything either. It seemed like he didn't have any qualifications to call the other party a fake medicine swindler. No, the headlight of his beloved car was broken by this youngster, didn't he not ask him for reimbursement?

The car stopped outside a shabby alley once again. Zhou Chang told Fu Li sincerely and earnestly, "Brother, I know your life might be a bit more tough. An idle, rich second generation like me doesn't have the right to lecture you. But you're still young. Some things can't be done, you won't be able to turn back once you do them. Things like medicine can save lives but can also do harm. Sometimes, fake medicine can take someone's life. You look even younger than me, and neither are you a bad person. Don't step onto the wrong path for the sake of money."

Fu Li looked at this solemn-looking young human and took out a stalk of ginseng from his backpack. "You make a lot of sense, but I never lie."

"What are you doing?" Zhou Chang looked at the stalk of ginseng, feeling somewhat disappointed in the young man. He had spoken this much, yet he still refused to change. Was there any meaning in cheating people this way?

"Car fee," Fu Li pulled open the car door and got off. Standing on the steps, he looked at Zhou Chang. "Although your natural disposition is a lazy one, your moral conduct is pure. By nature, you will lead a happy and prosperous life. A human like you is very cute."

"Ai!" Zhou Chang wanted to reject it, but the young man walked off so quickly that it seemed a little strange. He had merely spaced out for an instant, but the young man had already walked a great distance, very quickly vanishing into the alley.

The scent of ginseng permeated the inside of the car. Zhou Chang gritted his teeth and made a U-turn. He went to find an elder in his family who knew how to examine traditional Chinese medicine products.

What if... this person hadn't lied?

Even if the possibility of this was so small that it was pitiful, Zhou Chang still wanted to give it a try. Perhaps it was because the other party's gaze was too serious. So serious that he felt that it would be a sin to not trust in him.