Chapter 102: I Bought a House

The news of rice crops sprouting from snow gradually took on a different interpretation on the internet. Some said that the owner of the farm had done it deliberately to create hype, while others said that they were reverse-seasonal crops researched by a certain experimental base. Regardless which interpretation netizens subscribed to, no one would really believe that golden, dazzling rice crops would grow out of snow. The most they would do was treat the incident as an entertaining anecdote to poke a bit of fun at.

The more developed the internet, the faster the speed at which news was kept up to date on the internet. Sometimes, the most trendy internet slang couldn't be understood after a few days away from the internet. This piece of news wasn't as attractive as some celebrity's explosive scandal, so the netizens very quickly pushed this matter to the back of their minds.

Just because the netizens watching the fun had forgotten about it didn't mean that certain high-level departments closely following the matter would also forget about it. Food was the god of the people – who wouldn't accord a lot of importance to such a mystical ability? Everyone was waiting for the results of Zhuang Qing's investigation, and the various departments even specially expressed that they would definitely cooperate with all their might should an obstacle be encountered during the course of the investigation.

However, they waited for multiple days without receiving any news from Zhuang Qing's side. For Zhuang Qing, whose work efficiency had always been very high, not having any results was rather surprising to everyone.

In their hearts, Zhuang Qing occupied a very special position. Everyone was on equal footing during their usual meetings, but dragons held a majestic and mysterious status in the hearts of the countrymen, so there was already some degree of reverence towards Zhuang Qing in everyone's bones.

Because of the perpetual lack of a result, nobody could sit still, but they also couldn't directly ask Zhuang Qing about it. In the end, in the name of a meeting, they informed Zhuang Qing that he had to be present.

The meeting only started at half past nine, but everyone had already gathered before it even reached nine. Only Zhuang Qing's seat was still unoccupied.

At twenty minutes past nine, Zhuang Qing finally appeared in the meeting room under everyone's hopeful gazes. There was even a youth wearing a suit following behind him. Those who recognized Fu Li recalled how he had fended off the great yao's attacks multiple times for humans, and revealed respectful smiles.

"Apologies, I'm late," Zhuang Qing pulled out the chair and sat down. Fu Li had appeared at this place with the dual-identity of assistant and secretary. He sat behind Zhuang Qing, his back to the wall. The several people closer to him all turned their heads towards him, flashing him friendly smiles.

Fu Li returned their smiles and then took out his meeting recording book, his attitude extremely like that of a secretary.

"Since everyone has arrived, the meeting will officially commence, " The speaker had a head of snow-white hair and his face was lined with wrinkles, yet age had not diminished this person's imposing manner.

Fu Li had a somewhat favorable impression of the humans present, because the purple and golden glow of virtue could be seen in the center of their foreheads. Saving lives and creating prosperity was worthy of this virtue.

To Fu Li, most of the meeting content was difficult to understand. He stole a few glances at the secretaries to his left and right whose pens were flying over paper. Once again, his impression of human abilities went one level higher..

Fu Li bumbled through, noting down most of the content. The meeting was already more than halfway completed when he heard the elderly man sitting at the head of the meeting table say, "Chief Zhuang, you handled online public opinion on the rice crops very well. What kind of creature would be able to create such an extraordinary sight and cause so much food to grow in the span of one night?"