Chapter 134: Extra: Open the Door

Fu Li was never a daring yao cultivator. After being shocked by the Feiyi at the age of five hundred, he developed an innate sense of repulsiveness towards furless creatures.

He feared death, feared separation, and also feared dying.

Since learning about the true identities of the Reflecting Mist Mountain's elders, he had always thought of himself as an auspicious beast – the very impressive type.

But the heart's blood that splashed onto his face and the auspicious glow of light that Elder Baize nearly burned all his life for was sobering. He wasn't an auspicious beast but a fiend, one that was capable of bringing about destruction – the legendary yao emperor.

He didn't want to die. He wanted to live well. He wanted to organize a Dao Bonding Ceremony with Zhuang Qing. He wanted to wear the most beautiful, most magnificent celebratory clothes and let the whole cultivation world be jealous of him.

But if he didn't die, countless people would. Along with Elder Baize, Sister Zhu Yue, and even Zhuang little dragon...

When he clapped Zhuang Qing aside with a single palm, Fu Li felt like he couldn't be more handsome, just like those great heroes in movies who chose to die for the sake of the world.

The Hou was born because of the Seven Emotions and Six Desires in the world, and would probably also die because of them.

He wanted to tell Zhuang Qing that his original form this time was definitely very mighty and majestic. Fortunately, when he transformed into his original form this time, his fur was not red but a snow-like white.

After learning that he was a Hou, he had wondered why he didn't possess any clan inheritance or have innate skills like the Kunpeng despite being a yao born because of Heaven and earth.

He understood now. It wasn't that he didn't have them, but that Reflecting Mist Mountain's elders had sealed those abilities so he could live in peace.

But Heaven had mandated that no matter how much his elders foretold, a foreordained destiny could not be altered. Which was why, knowing what capabilities one had might not always be a good thing. It was still better for a yao to live a bit more muddled.

A Hou's soul was the most formidable strength of will. He jumped into the heart of the formation and upon releasing his sea of consciousness, felt the yao race's most painful sufferings. Massacre, devastation, hatred.

They hated the humans, hated the other cultivators, and hated him, the yao emperor who abandoned them.

They were going to vanish in this Heaven and Earth, so they would bring this traitor of an emperor along with them. Only then would their hatred fade.

Fu Li felt that the way he died wasn't at all sensational.

To Fu Li, fighting five hundred rounds with the villains and bleeding oceans were more in line with the character setting of a hero. He hadn't even been a yao emperor for a night and was already overthrown by his people. How inspiration, how tragic, how worthy of pity.

As his soul gradually dissipated, a thought suddenly came to mind. He wanted to open his eyes and take another look at Zhuang Qing. But all he could see were the enraged souls of yao cultivators, as well as the souls disappearing amidst the Five Elements that were slowly returning to their normal state.

Shrieks and sobs rode the winds and entered his ears. Watching the tormented souls within the formation, he swiftly did a series of hand gestures. "By the life of the yao emperor, I declare all yao innocent. Follow Heaven and Earth back into the cycle of reincarnation."