Chapter 117: No End to Learning

Zhuang Qing and Fu Li's Lunar New Year was spent with an abundance of happiness and bliss, but the other people from the management bureau had to withstand the curious questions from their sectmates or good friends on a daily basis. For instance, how exactly had Dragon Emperor Zhuang and Fu daoyou gotten together? As the sole remaining dragon of the golden dragon clan, could the other aquatic yao accept him being with a male rabbit yao?

Even more yao felt that this was an injustice to Zhuang Qing. After a difficult period of suffering, he had passed a major tribulation to become the Dragon Emperor and received the worship of all aquatic races. But in the end, he got together with a male rabbit yao. How would the other aquatic races perceive him?

When Zhuang Qing wasn't yet the Dragon Emperor and wasn't openly together with Fu Li, all the cultivators felt that it would be quite good for them to get together. But after Zhuang Qing became the Dragon Emperor and confirmed his relationship with Fu Li, several meddlesome yao started to nitpick here and there. Some would say that Fu Li's background was too poor and that he wasn't worthy of the emperor of the aquatic races, while others would say that Zhuang Qing's actions were a disappointment to the aquatic clans and so on and so forth.

Or perhaps they were simply agitated from boredom and merely wanted a gossiping target to kill time.

Certain yao who took on human form a very long time ago would gradually acquire some bad human habits, for instance vices such as greed, lust, jealousy, talkativeness, and so on.

Such voices gradually appeared on the cultivation world's forum, claiming that Fu Li behaved snobbishly by originally looking down on Zhuang Qing, but immediately choosing to be with him the moment he saw that Zhuang Qing had undergone his transformation and became the emperor of the aquatic races. There were even yao who, under the cover of sockpuppets, deliberately fabricated short paragraphs implicitly targeting Fu Li and Zhuang Qing.

"These yao must be sick in the head," The first day they returned to work, everyone in the management bureau was in a situation where their body was in the office but their heart was someplace else. Zhang Ke surreptitiously took out his phone to scroll through the forum. He didn't scroll for long when his entire person flared up, shocking his other drowsy colleagues.

"What's wrong?" Seeing how irate Zhang Ke was, Xu Yuan said teasingly, "Your period's here?"

"What period, someone's talking nonsense on the cultivators' forum," Zhang Ke replied moodily. "What trouble has the boss and Fu ge brought them by being together for them to spout rubbish?" Incensed beyond compare, he switched on his computer and tapped on the keyboard, starting a quarrel with the other party.

"Their IP address shows that they're outside the country," Xu Yuan checked the IP address. "Seems like this yao cultivator isn't lacking in intelligence and still knew to get themselves a proxy IP before speaking nonsense. We'll have to invite a computer expert if we want to look into it further, I can't do it."

"Look into what?" Fu Li walked into the office, a bag of spiritual fruits in hand. Kang Gu had given them to him to share with his colleagues.

"Look into last year's criminal records," Xu Yuan immediately closed the webpage. "Fu ge, congratulations on finally achieving a happy ever after with the boss."

"Thank you," Fu Li distributed the spiritual fruits to everyone with a wide smile. Taking out his phone, he posed a question to Zhang Ke, "Zhang Ke, you mentioned last year that our cultivation world has a forum, how can I register?"

"Ah?!" Zhang Ke looked up. Seeing that all his colleagues were staring at him, he responded somewhat guiltily, "Today won't do, the forum's server is under maintenance, so you won't be able to log in."