Chapter 85: Fu Li

When Peng Hang rushed to the police station, he was met with the few suspects babbling strangely. He inexplicably thought of the chief labor contractor who had turned himself in not too long ago while carrying beer and stewed meat.

"There really is. There are yaoguai, that rabbit can eat humans!"

"A tortoise weighing several hundred catty brought the children away."

"Yaoguai exist, they want to eat us. Police comrades, you have to protect us."

How big was a tortoise weighing a few hundred catty? How big was a rabbit? Could they even eat people? Some people suspected they were deliberately feigning mental issues to shirk their legal responsibilities and thus got them to do a mental assessment. Everything came back normal.

What was most mystical was that someone discovered the two kidnapped children at a certain street. They were seated quietly beneath a house's eaves, and even had bread and milk in their hands, as if they were merely tired out after a day of fun and sat down by the road for some rest.

Peng Hang felt that there was something wrong with his brain. After the occurrence of these bizarre incidents, the first thing he thought of was Fu Li. In the end, after pondering over it, he could only accept this outcome – namely, that Fu Li's identity was tied to the security department, so even if he exhibited some strange behavior, it was related to work.

Convinced of this, he no longer specially went to investigate the surveillance cameras at the entrance and exit of the airport in order to determine if Fu Li had taken the scheduled flights in the records.

Mid-Autumn Festival, the day when families reunited.

Bao Yu had made many court mooncakes. Covering an entire table in mooncakes, he carried the table to the rooftop.

Chu Yu looked up at the moon in the sky as the cold night breeze blew against him. He asked out of curiosity, "Fu ge, what is there to be gleaned from praying to the moon?"

"Moonlight can raise cultivation," Fu Li looked up, gazing at the bright moon in the sky. He told the yao cultivators on the rooftop. "All of you have your own cultivation method; there is nothing much I can guide you in. The added cultivation from praying to the moon is similar to the money you secretly made from a second job. There will not be any bad effects on everyone's orthodox cultivation methods."

Everyone grew even more serious when Fu Li uttered these words. Tidying the edges of their clothes, they resolved to pray well to the moon later.

Seeing everyone so solemn, Fu Li walked to Zhuang Qing and asked softly, "Are you going to pray?"

Zhuang Qing answered him with a question, "What about you?"

"Of course I will. I prayed every year in the past," Fu Li grabbed Zhuang Qing's wrist and found a good spot on the roof. "Let's stand here and pray later."

Zhuang Qing glanced at his shining eyes before turning his gaze towards the moon in the sky. "All right."

Zhang Ke, who was tidying his clothes, saw Fu Li standing at the other end and was just about to head over when Chu Yu grabbed onto him. "What are you doing?"

"I'm going to stand with Fu ge," Zhang Ke didn't understand why Chu Yu was holding onto him. "Why are you pulling me back?"

"Stand? Where are your eyes?" Chu Yu lowered his voice. "Didn't you see that the boss came over tonight? Two handsome guys standing together is eye candy, but if you barge in, it's equivalent to a carrot appearing amongst ginseng. Would that be nice to look at?"

Zhang Ke: ...

This description was a bit ruthless, but when he looked at Zhuang Qing standing beside Fu Li, he did indeed put a stop to his intentions to go over.