Chapter 73: Shoulder

"Captain Peng, about that case we took a few days ago – the chief labor contractor turned himself in."

"What?" Peng Hang put down his personal old-fashioned teacup, thinking that he had heard wrongly. "Didn't we just receive a report in the morning that the labor contractor surnamed Wang was at his hometown?"

He was at his hometown in the morning, but appeared at the entrance of their police station now. Did he take a plane just to turn himself in?

What laudable spirit.

He nearly burst into laughter upon seeing the chief labor contractor. Those slippers on his feet, and the way he was carrying beer and pork – was he here to drink and chat with them? He tilted his chin, telling labor contractor Wang, "Come in and give an account of your crimes."

Labor contractor Wang looked at Peng Hang and the other people who had come out like they were malicious spirits, stepping back repeatedly.

"Ai, what are you running for? You're already here, it doesn't make sense not to take a seat here for a while," Peng Hang handcuffed labor contractor Wang. "Let's go, you can have a nice, proper seat inside."

Labor contractor Wang muttered, "Impossible. I must be having a nightmare."

He had clearly been on the way home to eat, so how could he have appeared at the entrance of the capital's police station? This wasn't logical at all. Or... had he encountered the legendary aliens?

Peng Hang brought the labor contractor in and opened a recording book. "Your name, hometown, and age. Also, give an account of your crime."

Unexpectedly, labor contractor Wang suddenly exclaimed, "I bumped into aliens!"

"Sit properly," Peng Hang tapped the table several times with his pen. "May the suspect please not get too excited. Do not attempt to feign ignorance to escape lawful punishment."

"Comrade police officer, I'm not lying," Labor contractor Wang appeared to be in a manic state. "I just bought a few bottles of beer and a catty of stewed meat at the entrance of the village and everything was perfectly fine then, how could I have walked all the way to the capital? Do you think this was done by aliens?"

"You're saying you ran into aliens?" Peng Hang was amused. Fortunately, he knew to maintain professionalism and control his emotions in front of a suspect.

"It's the truth, I was still at my hometown in the morning. If you don't believe me, you can investigate it," Labor contractor Wang was no longer concerned that he had been caught by the police. He felt that he had experienced an elusive, major world event. Perhaps reporters, scientists, and television stations would interview him, turning him into someone who had appeared on television.

Peng Hang waved a hand at a colleague at the side. "Brother, let the local authorities check whether the suspect really made an appearance at his hometown." Even if the other party's words were beyond belief, Peng Hang still felt that he ought to get someone to investigate. He had to abide by his professional responsibilities.

With how developed the current network was, as long as someone was confirmed to have appeared at a certain location, they would only need to obtain local surveillance data and it wouldn't be very difficult to find the individual's traces.

Roughly one hour later, a reply came from labor contractor Wang's hometown saying that the surveillance data couldn't be obtained in a short period of time. However, his neighbors at his hometown all said that they hadn't seen him.

"Impossible, I greeted so many neighbors today," Labor contractor Wang said hysterically. "They even admired the big gold chain I bought!"

"We will continue investigating this matter, you'd better give us an account of your crime first," Peng Hang removed the pen cap and glanced at his watch. "This whole situation has dragged on for nearly two hours. Even if you're not tired, I want to sleep."