Chapter 79: Elder

Fu Li had heard the pained howls of dragons many times, but had never seen a dragon not make a single sound even when their tail was bitten till it was indistinguishable and fresh blood splattered in all directions.

He stretched out a trembling hand and gently wiped the blood on his face. The dragon blood was fragrant, sweet, and filled with spiritual qi. Fu Li looked down at the blood on his palm. The bloody lines in his pupils increased, eventually staining both eyes completely red.

"Fu Li..." Zhuang Qing opened his dragon mouth, but the voice that came out was weak and powerless. To dragons, their tail was of utmost importance. A dragon who had lost their tail would no longer be able to soar above the highest of Heavens when they transformed into their dragon form.

Fu Li thrust out his hand, flinging the vermilion fan. Like a razor-sharp blade, the fan slashed the Taowu's face. Pained, the Taowu's mouth opened, and the golden dragon in its mouth plunged into the sea. In an instant, scarlet blood dyed a wide expanse of sea red. The scent of blood permeated the air. Fu Li extended a hand, catching the vermilion fan that had flown back. A long red vertical line appeared in the center of his forehead.

"What thick baleful qi," The Taowu stretched out its tongue, licking clean the blood at the corners of its mouth. "Truly delicious."

A sudden clap of thunder sounded in the sky, and a bolt of lightning landed on the Taowu. With a shake of the Taowu's body, the horn shattered by lightning slowly regenerated.

"As long as there is life, resentment, and hatred in this world, what can heavenly lightning do to me?" The Taowu raised his head, looking up at the sky in crazed laughter. His white skin gradually turned a bloody red. He roared madly, "Today will be the day I eat this dragon with overflowing virtue!"

What was heavenly law? He, a Taowu, would not be controlled by any existence.

Sensing heavenly law's bias towards the golden dragon, the Taowu released Fu Li. Instead, he made to jump into the sea and swallow the golden dragon whose tail he had injured. Yet, when he was on the verge of nearing the water, a beastly roar came from behind, and he was knocked more than ten meters away.

Roar!

The churning seawater intensified. Sea breeze whistled. Amidst thunder and lightning, a white rabbit looked up at the sky and let out a long hiss. The red fur in the center of its forehead suddenly emitted a piercing red light. Nine water pillars shot towards the sky. The rabbit expanded in size bit by bit. As if immersed in fresh blood, its white fur became as bright and beautiful as fire.

"What is this?" The Taowu hadn't expected himself to be sent flying by a rabbit. But when he saw this tiny rabbit turn into a strange blood-red beast, the Taowu's eyes revealed vigilance.

However, the Kunpeng and Gong Fu's complexions weren't much better than the Taowu. Seeing the baleful qi rolling off Fu Li unceasingly in all directions, they swiftly erected a barrier in an attempt to limit the spread of baleful qi.

This sort of baleful qi could arouse the most evil of thoughts in the depths of any living creature's heart, turning them brutal, bloodthirsty, and hysterical. This was an inherent skill of the fiends, similar to how auspicious beasts brought bountiful harvests, good fortune, and luck from birth.

The completely irrational Fu Li stood on the surface of his sea. His blood-red eyes fixed unwaveringly on the Taowu as he opened his mouth, snarling.

"He wants to eat the Taowu," Gong Fu looked at Fu Li's red fangs, fishing out the magic weapon he carried with him. "If he were to really eat the Taowu, he would become a true monster – one that is without thought and emotions, only knowing destruction and resentment."