Chapter 36: Welcome Feast

The entire cultivation world was impassioned after the release of the acceptance notice, because this was the first time the management bureau had recruited so many new members. Sects with slightly less courage thought that the bureau had increased the vigor with which they recruited because something major had happened. Only after they specially asked around and confirmed that it was the examinees this year who had been particularly outstanding did they heave a sigh of relief.

The instant the sects with an accepted disciple received the notice, they itched to buy tens of thousands of firecrackers and set them off at their entrance. It was a pity, however, that the setting off of firecrackers was prohibited in many areas in the capital. All they could do was arrange for a huge banquet, invite various figures in the cultivation world for a meal, and show off a little.

Qing Xiao Sect was the proudest, since they had a disciple who was a team leader in the bureau, while another disciple had just been accepted. Moreover, this disciple was accepted as an official staff member. The Qing Xiao Sect was so delighted by this sect-glorifying event that they bought a week's worth of advertisements on the cultivation sects' forum app. As long as a cultivator opened the app, they would see the huge words 'congratulations to the cultivators' management bureau for perfectly concluding their recruitment' looping repeatedly on the home page. Following these words was a list of the members who had been accepted, of which the Qing Xiao Sect's Wei Cang was placed first.

The Fields Sect who had attained their fame through growing plants was also not willing to fall behind. Although their sect's disciple was only a contract worker, this was the first time the management bureau had signed contract workers, so if their performance was good, there was still a chance to be converted to permanent staff. They didn't purchase any advertisements, but anyone who congratulated them was generously gifted spiritual rice and medicine.

As an orthodox Daoist cultivation sect, the way in which Lin An Monastery celebrated such things was a little more restrained. Within the short span of a few days, they held two seminars on the Way of the Dao. The monastery's Daoist priests set up a long row of tables at the entrance to the monastery and told the fortunes of people who visited the monastery. Unless one was blind, there was no way of missing out the long and gigantic red banner behind them.

These words were written on the red banner: Congratulations to our Monastery's Qing Xu for attaining excellent results.

This banner was completely inconsistent with the Lin An Monastery's aura of mystery and disconnect from worldly affairs. Yet, whenever these Daoist priests with profound cultivation passed by the banner, they would come to a halt and reveal a gratified smile. This left the devout believers of the Daoist monastery in a state of bewilderment. How good was the result for such joy to fill the faces of these Daoist priests?

Even the sectless yellow pond turtle yao Huang Long had the water clans' yao cultivators to help him celebrate. They set up a few large tables in a lively manner and celebrated for two days in a row.

In comparison to these four, the Suanyu and Fu Li didn't have many people to hype things up on their behalf, nor did they treat this as something they had to announce. The Suanyu continued to livestream as a super glutton, while the money he earned was split equally between him and the platform.

Fu Li was in the middle of considering whether he ought to go to the management bureau. To him, working at the hotel was quite interesting and he even got to interact with many interesting humans. He was sick of looking at yaoguai; the humans were much more interesting than them.

In the afternoon, Fu Li sat with Zhang Shan as they ate their packed meals. Zhang Shan asked Fu Li in a low voice, "Say, do you know how Old Luo died?"