Chapter 99: Pet

A major event like successfully passing the Nine Hearts' Tribulation wasn't even more important than whether or not his original form was that of a rabbit?

The Kunpeng turned his head, shooting a glance at Gong Fu. With a wave of his hands, all the things in the room were restored to their original condition. Then, he took out a carpet from his Qiankun pouch, laid it out on the floor, and sat down cross-legged. "There's no use asking me about this sort of thing. Ask Gong Fu."

Seeing that Fu Li was going to get down from his embrace, Zhuang Qing hesitated for a moment, and then mimicked the Kunpeng, sitting cross-legged on the carpet without releasing his grip on Fu Li. Seemingly very used to being carried, Fu Li soon found a comfortable position in Zhuang Qing's arms to nest in.

Zhuang Qing gently stroked the fur on Fu Li's back and couldn't help wondering who exactly had carried Fu Li so frequently for him to be so used to someone else's hug. Was it those yao cultivators on Reflecting Mist Mountain, or... the human that Fu Li called his pet?

Gong Fu walked into the room. Seeing the exceptional color of Fu Li's fur, he couldn't stop himself from extending a hand.

"Gong Fu daren," Zhuang Qing's outstretched hand blocked Gong Fu. "Fu Li is a yao cultivator with intelligence. These actions of yours may be a little inappropriate."

"It's called 'caressing' when an elder helps a junior stroke their fur. How is that inappropriate?" Gong Fu pretended not to have understood Zhuang Qing's words. He was going to pat Fu Li's head, but Zhuang Qing directly covered Fu Li with his arms, his speed unexpectedly even faster than Gong Fu.

Gong Fu sighed and sat down beside the Kunpeng. "The young yao nowadays have less and less respect for their seniors."

Zhuang Qing had long heard Fu Li making such complaints. When he looked down at Fu Li, Fu Li's head was turned towards the wall, looking entirely like he hadn't heard anything. Unable to help himself, Zhuang Qing pinched his ear, and then... pinched it another time.

Because the soft feel of it was way too good.

The other yao in the entire building didn't dare to sleep soundly after the sudden movement. They waited for a very long time with their eyes fixed on the empty windows, but heard no other sound. They shook their blankets, sending the shards of glass on the blankets to the ground, and then flipped over, continuing to sleep.

They were all inhabitants of the cultivation world; a few glass fragments on the bed wasn't much of an issue.

The four yao were seated in the shape of a triangle. Fu Li took out four drink cans from his Qiankun pouch, used his claws to push two cans opposite him, and split the remaining two cans between him and Zhuang Qing. The Kunpeng watched Zhuang Qing help Fu Li to pull open the tab on the can, even sticking a straw in. He couldn't help muttering in his heart to Gong Fu, "Truly the life of a young master. Zhuang Qing is such a serious dragon, yet he still has the patience to do this."

Gong Fu pulled open the tab of the drink can and took a sip from it, ignoring the Kunpeng. Instead, he asked once again about the course of events and details of Fu Li's tribulation experience. After hearing about the process of Fu Li's dispute with the 'fake Heart of Dao', he suddenly felt joyful.

"Don't listen to the Kunpeng and think that the tribulation you passed was very easy," Gong Fu placed his drink can down, solemnity all over his handsome face. "Greed is pretty much the instinct of all life forms, just that the degree of it varies. The fact that you could effortlessly pass the tribulation wasn't because of good luck, but because you have a simple and unyielding heart. For instance, that cultivation method that can revive a life form – to many creatures, this is an enormous temptation. Who has not missed the deceased? Who has not had the thought that 'if only he was still alive, everything would be good'?"