Chapter 20: Environmental Protection Incident

The news of someone picking up all the rubbish at the beach in one night very quickly created a sensation. It had originally just been reported on by the local media as a novel incident, but for some reason, it attracted the attention of many when it was circulated on the internet. Some busybodies even specially went to interview residents living near the beach. These residents confirmed the incident – it was not fake news fabricated by the local television station in order to promote themselves but had truly occurred.

After the incident's authenticity was confirmed, a netizen with a large brain hole suggested that this could have been caused by a yaoguai from the sea who could no longer tolerate humans throwing trash into the sea and thus warned these silly humans.

There was even someone who suggested that it was a performance sneakily put up by an environmental protection organization. When the incident caused a commotion, it would then raise the overall level of awareness of the need to protect the environment.

However, how could the mediocre guess that was the second suggestion be compatible with the netizens' mentality of wanting to watch a show without any concern for how big a ruckus that was caused? They had already gotten to the bottom of the matter and were deliberating whether it was done by a dolphin spirit or shark spirit, with both sides throwing out multiple scientific papers.

In the end, it was the dolphin with the more pleasing appearance and who was by nature more intimate with humans, who led the vote count the entire way.

"Is there something wrong with them? They're using scientific papers to campaign for votes for nonexistent yao. All they're doing is joining in on the fun yet they're treating it with so much authenticity. How bored are the netizens nowadays?" Zhang Ke finished reading the various remarks on the internet and turned to speak to Chu Yu, "Yu ge, was this really done by you fishes?"

"I am a freshwater fish. I'm not in the same group as the saltwater fishes," Chu Yu patted the folder in his hands and side-eyed Zhang Ke. "Both you and the monkey are primates, but are the both of you the same?"

"Yu ge, I was wrong!" Zhang Ke felt that his mouth was really terrible. How could he have forgotten that many living creatures had a tendency to dislike outsiders. This Daoist fish even disliked a Buddhist freshwater fish, let alone those of the saltwater variety.

Xu Yuan covered her face with <Cultivation World's Handbook of Rules> to conceal the scoffing smile on her face. Only when Zhang Ke and Chu Yu shot a glare at her did she sit up straight and cough dryly, putting on an act. "It's best that we investigate this matter as soon as possible. If it was really done by a yao cultivator, we'll have to give that person a warning."

Appealing for everyone to protect the environment was the right thing to do, but doing it in such a way and so suddenly was still a little frightening.

"There's no need to search anymore," Zhuang Qing pushed open the door and walked in. He glanced at the news channel that was currently being broadcast on the computer. The host of the channel was describing just how large and tall the mountain of trash was in a very exaggerated tone of voice, as well as how clean the surrounding beach was. The camera even zoomed in multiple times on the sign stating 'everyone has a responsibility to protect the environment'.

"Boss," Chu Yu went up to welcome him, using his sleeves to wipe a chair. "You're here? Please sit."

Creatures of the water clan had an innate reverence for the dragon clan. Therefore, even though the current society was one where humans and yao were equal, Chu Yu still subconsciously kissed up to Zhuang Qing when faced with him. Xu Yuan and the rest had long seen grown used to Chu Yu's behavior and were too lazy to offer any superfluous expressions.