Hey big brother - chapter 2 ४

At Stark's Cabin

You, Steve, Nat and Scott drives down a small path in the middle of the Forrest. Your heart is racing, and your hands are shaking. Every part of you wants to just go back, or stay in the car while the others talk to Tony. But you know deep inside of you heart if this has to work it has to be you. Steve grabs your hand and whispers in your ear that everything is gonna be fine. Not even Steve's calming voice can make this feeling go away, you have dreaded this day for 2 years, knowing damn well that one day you would have to face him, and apologize for the mess you made.

Not much time after you can see the cabin, you can't help but laugh a little. If someone had told you 10 years ago that Tony would be living in a little cabin in the woods, you would have rolled on the floor in laughter. Then again you wouldn't have thought that half of the universe would be gone too. Nat parks the car right by the cabin, and just as you walk out Tony comes around from the back with not so little Morgan on his arm. Your eyes begin to water, because she resembles you a lot when you were her age. You can see Tony's smile quickly fades away as you step closer to Steve. He quickly turns around and walk up to his porch. Nat gives you a supportive smile as the four of you follow him up to the couch on the porch. You can hear Morgan whisper to Tony "is that aunty y/n?" You try to hear his response, but just the fact that she has heard about you makes you more comfortable being there.

Tony turns around and you can feel his eyes staring directly into yours, and then down to you and Steve holding hands. You nod your head at him, not expecting any response, yet a small smile appears on his lips.  Nat then signals to you that you should lead the way.

You're all sitting on the couch, Tony is still standing pouring you all a glass of water. Steve and Scott are trying desperately to explain him everything, but for every idea they shoot his way, he knocks them down one by one. Tony is getting more and more impatient with the ideas so you decide to finally say something.

"Look Tony we know it sounds ridiculous, but the stones are in the past, if we could just go back, get them and then we could snap our fingers. We can bring everyone back Tony... even Peter." Your voice is shaky as you speak, you feel like a kid all over again talking to tony about a project that you knew he would criticize.

"Y/n. The adults are talking now, so why don't you just please shut up for once, we would only make this worse. You could hear the anger in his voice.. he still blames you for what happened to Peter, and you knew that bringing him back might help that.

"Please stop it... I'm really trying here Tony. Look I know you hate me.. I..." before you could say another word Tony slams his fist down onto the table, his eyes looking directly into yours, they're not filled with anger or hatred.... They're filled with regret.

"You think I hate you!? I was so terrified you'd be dead, I was stuck in space not knowing if you were safe. It wasn't Pepper, it wasn't Steve, it was you kid. And I just...I can't loose you too y/n, you are my family, and I love you so much. I don't want to loose you." Tony leans against the wall and puts his head between his hands, his breathing slows down like he's just about to cry. You go over to him and embraces him. At first he stands completely frozen until he opens his arms and hugs you back. You lay your head on his chest and he uses his free hand to push it towards him just like he did with you as a kid.

"I'm sorry I was an ass.." you whisper into his ear..

"I'm sorry you were an ass too" he says, you separate from the hug and punches him lightly on the shoulder. "God I've missed you, you idiot. Now will you please just listen?" Your voice gets more serious, cause for a moment you realize why you're there.