Love is a dagger - chapter 16 ४

Loki slowly Makes his way to you, he gives you a warm embrace. You stand completely still, shocked at his actions. Thor had told you, he and Loki hadn't hugged since they were kids. He wouldn't even hug his mother. Yet he was hugging you tightly, your feet dangling above the ground.

"Loki you're drunk, let me down" you say hesitantly. He slowly puts you down and breaks the hug. He looks down on your with soft and gentle eyes. You had never noticed the small blue speckles in his eyes, they were enchanting to look at. He was enchanting.

"Y/n, did you know that love is like a dagger?" He asks you, he's stumbling over the words as he speaks. You can smell the beer lingering on his breath.

"I did in fact not know that" you can't help but chuckle, at his weird behavior. Loki conjures a dagger and puts it to your heart. Before yesterday you would have been frightened by his actions.. but something had changed, you trusted him...

"It can be so breathtakingly beautiful, yet cause so much harm." He says.

"Perhaps we should sit down, get you a glass of water?" You ask in Subtle way, hoping he'd agree. Instead he takes the dagger and puts it towards his own heart as he presses it gently through his clothes.

"You y/n Stark, is like a dagger." He starts as he presses it further onto his chest, breaking the surface of his skin. You gently grab his hand to stop him from hurting himself.

"Loki please don't" you whisper.

"So extraordinarily breathtaking, yet you could leave a man heartbroken if you did not feel the same" Lokis gentle voice sends shivers down your spine. He lets his hand rest on yours. You let your eyes meet again, they're welcoming and kind.. you feel your entire face turning red. You hope he doesn't notice, but the sudden smirk on his lips, tell you he might have.

"You're clearly drunk, sit down" you demand. You turn to see Sylvie. She's hiding a laugh behind her eyes. You mouth for her to stop.

"I just don't get it, you know? You make me want to do better" he says. He opens up his hand and fireworks appears from his palm. You let your hand rest on top of his, closing his hand. As your hands meet you can sense his intentions... they're pure.
And that frightened you more than if it was just drunken talk.

"Not that I don't enjoy whatever is going on here. The little scene you just caused Loki, I think we're caught." Sylvie interrupts. As relived you are Sylvie stopped his rambling. You quickly realize the guards running against you.

You push Loki aside as you close your eyes. When you open them again they're glowing a lilac color. You feel the energy running from your mind down to the tips of your fingers. In one swoop you throw the guards up against the wall. Leaving Loki and Sylvie completely out of words.

"D..did you know she could do that?" Sylvie asks confused.

"Well she definitely couldn't do that last time I saw her" Loki answers as his mouth drops, as he admires you taking out the guards one by one with just your mind.

You turn you head to look at them, they're completely frozen in disbelief. "Are you planning on helping anytime soon" you shout as you throw one of the guards their way.

Loki conjures another dagger, as he begins fighting the guards along side Sylvie. You're to busy with the guards in front of you, that you don't even notice the one coming from behind you.

"Don't worry I got this" Loki yell as he comes to your rescue.

You turn your head to the guard behind you. You throw a bar stool in her face leaving her passed out on the floor. " I appreciate the thought, but I kicked your ass in New York remember?" You say mockingly. "I've got this myself" you add as you break open a window.