*The new beginning - chapter 69 ४

1 week in Lom Norway

"Miss!" A woman calls out just as you're about to walk out the door. "You forgot you bag" she hands you the bag as you smile politely back at her.

As you walk outside Loki greets you with a smile. You grab a hold of his hand as you slowly walk down the quiet town street. It's a small and peaceful city, with only 2000 citizens. It's exactly the place you needed to start your new life. As far away from the life you once had. Loki was of course skeptical at first , but he was secretly enjoying it. Every day he would stop by the bookstore lending yet another book about Norse mythology, it didn't surprise you he would love reading old tales about himself. Correcting any mistake in them.

"This is absurd" Loki mumbles flickering through the pages.

"What now Loki" you sigh deeply as you sit next to him, grabbing the book.

"These stories are truly a pantomime..." he says as he turns to the page of his children. You can't help but laugh as you read the stories. "Am I supposed to be the father of my sister?.. and what in the all fathers name is this supposed to mean?"

You burst out in laughter. "That's a snake and wolf"

"I'm aware.. this is madness"

You couldn't wait to see what he would complain about tonight. These past nights he would read to you as you laid on his chest falling asleep.

The surroundings were practically magical, no wonder the gods were believed to live here once. Just a few miles away was the joutenheimen national park. You hadn't convinced Loki to go there yet. But you'd get him around. As Loki walks into the small
Bookshop, you decide to mail yet another letter back to Natasha. You had promised to keep in touch. Though you had to give yourself completely new identities. That way no one would suspect a thing.
At this point it was hard to picture a life out here. But as long as you has Loki you knew everything was gonna be perfectly fine. You're mind often wandered back to the people you left behind.. your family. Not being able to reach out to them, was the worst part of it all.. knowing you brother was mourning your death. While you were here playing the role of a wife.

As soon as Loki walks out, you get in your car driving back home to your small cabin. Natasha had helped you settle in, giving you some money to help you along the way. It wasn't much but it was enough to get you by. As you empty the groceries you curl up on the small couch in the living room. Loki slowly pulls out a small neatly wrapped present.

"Why?" You ask confusedly, as you slowly unwrap the gift.

"I came across it back at the bookstore.. I didn't know he existed in this land." Loki smiles at you.

"Shakespeare?" You chuckle lightly. "He was from England"

"So he would like you to believe" Loki winks.

You look down at the book studying it closely The sonnets and a lovers complaint. You've never been much of a Shakespeare fan. Perhaps because you never had the time to sit down and read it

"Thank you Loki" you smile as you kiss him gently.
"Will you read some to me?"

Loki nods slowly as he takes the book. He scans quietly through it. Before finding one. He gestures for you to lay on his chest as he starts reading.

Shall I compare thee to a summer's day?
Thou art more lovely and more temperate:
Rough winds do shake the darling buds of May,
And summer's lease hath all too short a date:
Sometimes too hot the eye of heaven shines,
And too often is his gold complexion dimm'd:
And every fair from fair sometimes declines,
By chance or natures changing course untrimm'd;
By thy eternal summer shall not fade,
Nor lose possession of that fair thou owest;
Nor shall Death brag thou wander'st in his shade,
When in eternal lines to time thou growest:
So long as men can breathe or eyes can see,
So long lives this and this gives life to thee.