Lamentis-1 - chapter 14 ४

You're dizzy... you're still getting pulled around by the woman as she manically speaks to herself. You're entire head is spinning around in circles. Something's wrong. Then out of no where 5 agent comes charging against you. She drops you, and you fall to the floor. Within the blink of an eye, she has taken down the 5 agents, pruning each one of them with their own sticks.

"Now if you don't want to suffer the same fate as your colleagues, show me to the time keepers" she scowls. As she is pointing the pruning stick down at you. You're laying helpless on the floor. Why were you so weak all of the sudden. You had been fighting much worse things, aliens, a purple guy with a butt chin. It was Loki... he was distracting you.

Why was he distracting you so much?

"Wait you actually think I work for the TVA?" You finally speak up, but you couldn't help laughing at her accusations.

She tilts her head questioningly.. "you're not.. with them?" She asks.

You're slowly back away and get up from the floor. As you push the stick away from your face. "No!" You laugh. "I'm just trying to get back home" you share.

Before she could answer Loki jumps at her. You stand in the background watching them fight. To be honest it was quite amusing, it was like watching him fight with himself, every move she did, he gave back. But suddenly she got on top of him and grabbed out for the pruning stick, just as she was about to prune him you got an idea. You saw the Portal device thing. And pressed a random button which opened a portal. You pushed both of them through the portal and followed along with them. And just as fast as the portal had opened it was closed behind you.

You turn around and take in the surrounding behind you. The skies are a pastel lilac color with hints of pink. It's beautifully chaotic. Meteors are crashing down from the sky above you, painting the skies a burning red color. Everything lays in ruins. Out of all the places you could have picked on the device you chose a dying star. Which you were now on. Fuck

The woman turns to you, with anger filled eyes. She runs towards you in fast and eager steps. Suddenly a little sound of something breaking happens below your feet. You just stepped on your ticket home...

"Out of all the places locked into the tempad you sent us to the worst one..." she starts as she closes in on you. " this is lamentis- 1... you moron" she spat her hands nearing your throat. Before she could grab on a meteor falls right beside you burning your left leg.

"It's not that I don't enjoy being threatened by yet another Loki, but we should really find cover" you yell out. The variant starts running. You and Loki follows along, it seemed like she was your best shot at survival.

"God I miss earth" you whisper to yourself.

"Of course your midgardian, this is all your fault" she huffs. You're seeking cover under a giant vehicle that's crashed into the mountain walls.

"You're such a Loki" you scoff, scooting further under the vehicle.

"Will you stop calling me that, My name is Sylvie"

A dark chuckle fills the air.. "right Sylvie? What Loki wasn't good enough for you?" Loki asks with pure enjoyment in his voice.

"Exactly, now shut up and follow me I have a plan" sylvie says coldly. She gets up on her feet and runs for her life. Meteors falls from the sky crashing to the ground. Everything is shaking around you. You feel lightheaded... it's all falling apart right in front of you. You slowly fall behind Loki and Sylvie who is running a lot faster than you. Suddenly you freeze. You don't know why, your brain is telling you to run as fast as you can, but your legs aren't moving at all.
You close your eyes and gasp for your breath. You suddenly feel a hand on your shoulder.

"It's gonna be alright, we're not dying here y/n. I assure you." Loki whispers, his voice is kind and welcoming in a way you had not yet experienced. You open your eyes slowly only to be greeted by his evergreen eyes starring into yours. He gently moves his hand from your shoulder and let's his hand cup your jaw. You gently nod your head as he grabs you hand and helps you move along.

You find shelter in a little cabin, it's a desolated area. Everything around you is either broken down or long gone.

As you step through the door your body collapses on the floor. You're severely sleep deprived, and you haven't been eating lately. Now it's coming back to bite you in the ass. Loki sits down and gestures for you to lie down on his lap. You hesitate for a moment but your body is aching for some peace. So you let your head slowly fall onto his lap. Then you drift away...

You're not asleep, cause you can hear everything around you.

"What's her deal?" Sylvie asks as she is pacing back and forth in the small living room.

"She's had a rough time, now leave her be"

"Are you two?"

"No!"loki says in a demanding manner.. "we're not, we're.. I'm not sure actually." He continues, he looks down at you, he begins stroking your hair.. "if you had asked me a month ago it would be simple. I loathed her.."

"But now?" Sylvie asks, she has mischievous smile on her face.

"Now i don't know.. but I made her a promise i would get her home. I intend to keep that promise" Loki says as takes in your peaceful frame. He can't help but smile.

"When has a Loki ever kept a promise?"

"Since it meant she would be happy" he states. It warms your heart to hear his words.

"Well she's slowing us down, so if you want to keep your promise, get her moving" she says insistingly. Sylvie sits down in a small chair, gesturing for Loki to wake you up.

He gently strokes your cheek, moving his position for the first time since you laid down. Your eyes shut open once again, as you slowly sits back up. Somehow you're even more tired than you were before.

"Great. You're awake. Now here's the plan" Sylvie says. "There's a train leaving in 30 minutes, and we have to be on it." She adds.

"So that's your brilliant plan?... a train?" Loki ask in disbelief

"Well do you have a better plan?" You say mockingly.

Loki gives you a death stare as he rolls his eyes.
You can't help but smile at his reaction.

"I didn't think so" you add.

"Train it is then, follow me, no falling behind this time" Sylvie exclaims as she walks through the door.

You walk in silence in a fast pace. Casually glazing up at Loki every now and then.

Why couldn't you stop looking at him?