A pawn - chapter 19 ४

Mobius pulled Loki towards the table, and pushed him down onto the chair. He was infuriated.
Mobius sat down and gestured for Loki to explain what had happened. But Loki sat in complete silence eyeing him up and down, arms crossed.

"Fine don't tell me, I'll get it out of you" Mobius grinned darkly. As he slowly got up on his feet, opening up another portal.

"You betrayed us!" Loki screamed at him.

"You betrayed me first"

"I've got nothing to say to you" Loki growled. He began walking around in circles.

"Oh come on Loki, you are full of shit" Mobius spat, as he walked towards him.

"And you're a con" he spat back.

"You're a liar and a bad friend" Mobius stated, as he pushed a button that turned the portal from the usual golden color into a frightening bloody red.

"What are you gonna do kill me? I'd love to se you try!" Loki yelled out.

"You could just tell me the truth then none of it would be necessary. But you can't do that can you?" Mobius asked as he was now up close with Loki. Standing face to face with him.

"Try me" Loki growled.

Mobius began laughing as he closed the portal and sat back down. Loki eyed him up and down before sitting down as well.

"What do you want to know" he asked.

"Why don't you start by explaining to me why you and y/n ran off with the variant" Mobius demanded. Loki laughed at his choice of words.

"You are truly idiotic, we didn't run off with them, I tried to help y/n" Loki explained.

"Since when do you care about her?" Mobius asked. He had a satisfied grin on his face. Loki shook his head manically.

"I don't.. she's a pawn. Once I got what I wanted I would dispose of her" Loki answers, his attitude was cold and fearless.

Mobius chuckled "well we saved you the trouble there, y/n has already been pruned" Mobius explained. Loki's expression softened as tears formed in his eyes. "She didn't do her part of the deal so we had no-"

"What?" Loki interrupted. "She's gone?" He asked softly.

"Yeah, we had no use for her anymore" Mobius answered.

Loki clenched his jaw as he shook the feeling off him. "Good riddance" he said coldly. As he rested his back up against the chair. Forcing a smile upon his face.

Mobius started laughing uncontrollably.

"What's so funny" Loki asked.

"You!" Mobius laughed. Loki looked at him confused. "Oh come on, look at your eyes. You like her!" Mobius stated.

"What?... no I don't" Loki spat. As he sat up straight.

"You like her!" Mobius repeated as he continued laughing. "Does she like you?" He asked.

"Is she dead?" Loki asked quietly. Yet mobius continued mocking loki.

"No wonder you don't know what caused the nexus event on Lamentis, both of you were just swooning over each other. I mean come on Loki" he exclaimed.

Loki had enough of his mockery, he stood up banging his fists down on the table. "Dammit Mobius is she alive!!" Loki screamed at his face.

"For now" Mobius said coldly.

Lokis expression softened as he sighed in relief. Mobius stood back up and opened up the portal once again, as he called in two guards. They threw Loki through the portal.

Mobius gathered the things on the table and walked out the room. As he entered the interrogation room where you were seated.
Your hands were cuffed to the table, making you unable to move.

Mobius gestured for hunter-b15 to leave you alone.

You shook your head furious at how he treated you.

"It's good to see you y/n" he said kindly as he sat down beside you. You moved as far away from him as you could. You had no words for him, you simply looked at him with cold eyes.

"Loki already told me everything, I just wanted you to hear it" Mobius explains, as he presses play on a button. You hear Lokis voice.

"She's a pawn... once I got what I wanted I'd dispose of her" the sound plays on.. but after that all you hear is a loud ringing in your ears... you just sit silently in disbelief..

"I just thought you should know. Now why don't you tell me what happened on lamentis with the variant." He demanded. But you kept quiet. You couldn't believe it. All the things he said, it was lie. The worst part was you actually believed he might have changed. But it was all just one big  elaborate trick. The god of mischief had struck again. "You can go home, just tell me what you know" Mobius added.

You looked up at him, tears running down your cheeks. "She... her name is Sylvie, she wanted revenge" you exclaim in between your quiet sobs. The fire that had burning in your chest was replaced with ice. You felt so used.. you're entire body was aching... "She also said that you were all variants, the entire TVA are variants" you explained. But then you broke completely down. Mobius gave you a concerning stare as he went over to hug you. But you just sat completely frozen.

"Thank you for you're corporation" he said coldly.

"You don't believe me?" you cry out.

"No, I don't" he said as he left you.

You stood up as you began hysterically laughing. Your hands remained tied to the table. Unable to move. There was nothing you could do to get out.

Suddenly the door slowly opened. It was hunter-b15.

"What now, please just kill me. I don't wanna stay here" you plead.

"Show me" she demanded

"Show you what exactly" you ask quietly.

"Show me who I really am" she says, her voice was kind, and concerned. She had been listening.

"Well I would but two small problems. I don't have my powers here remember" you say mockingly. "And secondly" you say as you gesture to your hands tied together.

She walked hesitantly towards you, taking out a key, and opening the handcuffs letting your hands drop to the floor. They're sore and red. Then she opened up a portal. She walked through it. You got up from the floor and decided to follow after her.

You looked around you. You had no clue where she had taken you, but you could feel your powers once again. You weren't at the TVA.

"Now show me" she said.

You let your hands rest on her shoulders as you created a link with her. Scanning through her mind. What ever they had done to her memories, they had been hidden well. But you found it. Small glimpses of a woman named Erica. It was her. She had kids, a wife.. a life. All this had been taken from her. Wiped form her memory. You broke the link.

She looked back up at you, with teary eyes. She smiled at you, as she embraced you. "Thank you y/n" she cried out. "Thank you for showing me"

The two of you returned the interrogation room.
"What will you do now" you asked her.

"Burn the place to the ground" she said confidently.

You smiled at her.

Suddenly Ravonna walked through the door... the one who sentenced you to be pruned in the first place.

"Well y/n, the time keepers wants to see you." She announced. Her deathly stare could kill if you looked at it for too long. She was intimidating.

"Where's  Mobius?" you asked, confused as to why she was here all of the sudden.

"He's gone" she said coldly.