Don't do anything stupid - chapter 31 ४

For a short while everything seemed normal at the compound. Loki was nearly getting along with everybody, most of the time at least. Wanda had been helping you a lot. It wasn't easy controlling your new found powers. Any slight emotion would send you into spiraling path of chaos. The hardest part was seeing how much Steve was struggling. When ever you and Loki were around he would get quiet or leave the room completely... Today you had a meeting discussing how you could set things right. After you absorbed the stones it was quite difficult returning them to the timeline. Yet you had some remaining Pym Particles that needed to go back where you took them, who would want to live in a universe where Ant-Man didn't exist.

"I have a found a way to keep order on the remaining timelines, but anything else that was taken from the past needs to get back" Strange explained. You are all gathered at the meeting..

"Right so the Pym Particles, Thor's hammer.. anything else you took as a souvenir?" Tony chuckles.

"I might have taken Peter Quills gun" Rhodey quietly admits. Everyone looks at him with a hint of judgement. "What? It's seemed cool"

"Fine, who's gonna do it" Tony asks out openly into the room.

"I am" Steve stands up.

"Well that was easy, Banner go set up the machine" Tony Scoffs, with a satisfied smile on his face. "Meetings over"

Everyone gets up and goes back to whatever they're up too. Yet you stay.

"Are you coming elskede?" Loki asks, resting his hand on your shoulder. Your eyes are locked at Steve.

"Go ahead I'll be right with you"

Loki nods as he walks out, leaving you alone with Steve. You stay in you seat quietly observing him. He turns around realizing you're still here.

"Don't start y/n" he mumbles.

"I haven't said anything" you answer. Walking slowly towards him, resting against the table.

"You didn't have too, I know what you're thinking"

"Well I did see it happen a couple months ago" you explain. Steve walks over sitting down at the chair across from where you're standing.

"That's not fair... someone has to do it" he mumbles, you see right through his excuses you know exactly why he's doing it... So does he.

"Then let me do it"  You say. He furrows his brow. "I'm serious let me do it" you repeat.

"Y/n... " his voice is shaky.

"What?" You question.

"Don't make it any harder..."

"Are you gonna tell the others.?" You ask him. He simply shrugs. "Are you gonna tell Buck?" You ask again.

"I think he knows" he exhales deeply as his eyes meet yours.

"I can't stay.. Watching you with him" his voice is shaky and hurt. "I thought maybe we would work things out.. get back together." He admits. It pains you to hear his words.

"I'm so sorry Steve" you reach out for his hand slowly, scared he might pull away. But he grabs it placing a gentle kiss on the top of your hand.

"I'm sorry too, will you come out with me?" He asks.

You nod your head as you walk with him out to the back of the compound. Your fingers intertwined.
Outside Bruce is setting up the last things. Sam and Bucky are waiting just in front of it.

Steve let's go of you hand as he walks over to Bucky giving him a warm embrace. Even though you're not trying to listen in on their conversation you can't help but notice as your name gets mentioned.